Y&R January 2021 Discussion Thread

I am scared to even watch because I am sick of getting invested in anything good and then them ripping it away. They are so scared to rock the boat on this show. I miss Ana, Fen, Mia and Hilary. I am sure a few others but can't think of them off the top of my head. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

Again, That Black Storyline (MAB) is saving this show.

I’m curious if Elena’s (and potentially Nate’s) days are numbered with Imani potentially on the scene as an Amanda rival. It’s sad that we have to think that way, but again we’ve been trained by years of daytime “quotas.” 

I like that we have two fiery actresses playing sisters à la Kim Zimmer/Laura Wright.

BUT Leigh-Ann Rose isn’t on contract to my knowledge, and we know Josh Griffith often puts the brakes on promising stories right when they start to take off. We’ll have to see if this is a slow-paced introduction (which would be fantastic) or a road to nowhere.

This is the EXACT point I made when news of their casting was announced, and for the same reason. And this was with the knowledge that they are recurring. 

I guess the real test will be if one or both of them are put on contract.

Edited by LondonScribe
On 1/14/2021 at 5:46 AM, Forever8 said:

I'm tired of seeing Camryn Grimes being the millennial version of Gina Roma, Aunt Liz from Another World and Ruby from General Hospital. It does feel like JG and Co. don't know what to do with her. Since Tessa is mostly off screen and they quickly wrapped up the cheating story she had with that blonde bartender. Why couldn't they bring the blonde bartender back and make her the one stalking Mariah all that time. Remember when that brick was thrown in Crimson Lights? And we never got any follow up. 

I’m just wondering when Mariah will become the matron of a boarding house. It’s a total waste of CG. It’s funny how Mariah went from being featured ad nauseum under Mal, almost as if she were the heart of the show, to a mere talk-to.

Wasn’t she supposed to be a marketing exec working for Kyle?

5 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Again, That Black Storyline (MAB) is saving this show.

I’m curious if Elena’s (and potentially Nate’s) days are numbered with Imani potentially on the scene as an Amanda rival. It’s sad that we have to think that way, but again we’ve been trained by years of daytime “quotas.” 

I like that we have two fiery actresses playing sisters à la Kim Zimmer/Laura Wright.

BUT Leigh-Ann Rose isn’t on contract to my knowledge, and we know Josh Griffith often puts the brakes on promising stories right when they start to take off. We’ll have to see if this is a slow-paced introduction (which would be fantastic) or a road to nowhere.

I agree. Just like it was Devon/Elena/Nate a month ago that got things moving.

I hope not. I feel like there is a reason while they had Lily/Nate discuss him attempting to do a vlog (is that what it's called?) and then they had a scene with Devon running into Elena at Crimson Light. I mean there is room for all of them AND a potential troublemaker in Imani. But yeah, like you, I cannot help but also think the same way. Re: quota.

OMG!!! Yes! Kim and Laura used to have some great scenes for sure.

Fingers crossed for slow intro.

4 hours ago, LondonScribe said:

This is the EXACT point I made when news of their casting was announced, and for the same reason. And this was with the knowledge that they are recurring. 

I guess the real test will be if one or both of them are put on contract.

THIS.

16 hours ago, Faulkner said:

I’m just wondering when Mariah will become the matron of a boarding house. It’s a total waste of CG. It’s funny how Mariah went from being featured ad nauseum under Mal, almost as if she were the heart of the show, to a mere talk-to.

Wasn’t she supposed to be a marketing exec working for Kyle?

Mariah is working at Jabot now.

Sort of OT, but has anyone read MTS's book? I finished it yesterday and it while it was a good read 

27 minutes ago, kalbir said:

Sort of OT, but has anyone read MTS's book? I finished it yesterday and it while it was a good read 

I read it... on one hand, I was very impressed with how she moved on from such a horrific childhood.

On the other hand,

Edited by yrfan1983

This show is throwing anvils that Mariah is going to carry Abby’s child (the chat on Friday about Mariah and Tessa being ready to have kids, etc.).

This show is throwing anvils that Mariah is going to carry Abby’s child (the chat on Friday about Mariah and Tessa being ready to have kids, etc.).

I just finished watching and was LITERALLY about to use the phrase "dropping anvils"   Great minds......   

1 hour ago, slick jones said:

I just finished watching and was LITERALLY about to use the phrase "dropping anvils"   Great minds......   

Great minds indeed! It’s funny we were talking about what they were going to do with Mariah, and here they are renting her uterus out for an Abbott/Newman/Chancellor heir.

God forbid they do anything with her sexuality--  finding a third for a threesome, slip and fall on a "d" (accidents happen), or be shown owning her career.    Let's face it, Cait Fairbanks has always been an albatross around her neck since the characters got together.  At least the blonde bartender mussed up her hair.....

Please register in order to view this content

Great minds indeed! It’s funny we were talking about what they were going to do with Mariah, and here they are renting her uterus out for an Abbott/Newman/Chancellor heir.

The Australian soap Neighbours is in the midst of a story where the men in a same-sex marriage are in the early stages of a pregnancy via a surrogate. 

The thing is the young woman who is carrying their child is a relative newcomer and trouble. And I fully anticipate she will fall for the child and cause them no end of grief for the couple if she carries to term and gives birth. I don’t think she will simply hand it over and let them be the primary carers as currently agreed.

So if these Mariah anvils land where it is thought they will, it has the potential to be an interesting and complex storyline if told compellingly..... I repeat, if told compellingly.

Edited by LondonScribe
1 hour ago, slick jones said:

God forbid they do anything with her sexuality--  finding a third for a threesome, slip and fall on a "d" (accidents happen), or be shown owning her career.    Let's face it, Cait Fairbanks has always been an albatross around her neck since the characters got together.  At least the blonde bartender mussed up her hair.....

Please register in order to view this content

PREACH!!! I'm tired of seeing Camryn Grimes being the Gina Roma of her generation!!!