ALL: Characters obviously developed to “replace” popular departed characters

• Members

In the GH thread, there’s discussion of the development of Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco) as one of the many attempt replacements for Vanessa Marcil’s iconic Brenda Barrett. What other obvious attempts have soaps made to replace a popular departing character? Roles that may as well have been simple recasts?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

See? I never saw Debbi that way surprisingly during that time. I just wish they would write her better because Yolanda as written was full of possibilities and then her relationship with Tucker was never explored.

However, Guinevere...other than her intro which I liked...the stories she got were stories I would go 'that's a story Jill should be in...' especially with her connections.

• Members

With the loss of Iris on AW, Judith McConnell arrived as  Miranda Bishop , an Iris type character.

Not popular but Days rid themselves of Kellam Chandler and then Stuart Whyland arrived to represent the powerful businessman with shady connections. When Stefano DiMera arrived, Stuart was dispatched. 3rd time lucky.

Edited by Paul Raven