Jump to content

GH Recasts Lucas Jones


Recommended Posts

I'll say this much: just on appearance/looks alone, Matt Trudeau is much more appealing to me than Ryan Carnes ever was.  Now, can he act?  That's the question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's the thing..Ryan has been saying for years that he was not interested in a contract from what I hear here so he's been busy on the indie circuit.


But also from here sounds like more going on than that.

 

Or...Frank is just being shady.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With Non Contract Roles though, soaps can do that if they want. Replace them if they dont have the time to film

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true.

 

But no annoucement. No voiceover.  Nothing.

 

Something in that buttermilke ain't clean...

 

But...I guess we will see.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it all feels like it’ll end up being a drive-by stint they just needed a warm body for. The problem, people actually give a sh!t about Lucas, and I don’t think they get that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Yeah, it all feels like it’ll end up being a drive-by stint they just needed a warm body for. The problem, people actually give a sh!t about Lucas, and I don’t think they get that.

THIS.

 

And no annoucement or the nature of it is only making it worse. 

 

Recast or not, viewers got to see Lucas grow up and he is legacy. That would be like randomly recasting any major character with no reason at all. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan did Well But serious some are acting like He was always Lucas. Lucas has been recast numerous times. Just hope he has story

Being Honest Outside of THe Baby Switch, Ryan Carnes did very little as Lucas. He was either absent from stuff Like The Nelle/Michael Custody suit or in a Coma Due to Ryan being busy. In Fact During his first stint in 2004-05, He was only on screen from July-Sept 04 and  in August 05

 

The Lucas that got the most story before this was Ben Hoygsten with Lucas' coming out and dating that guy, named Guy and Tony Dying

 

Im open to the recast. I just hope they actually utilize Lucas now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because like I said, recast or not, Lucas is legacy. Even when he is not being written well (like the mentioned baby switch and its aftermath), yeah, people are going to be bugged because of this fact. 

 

Because of that, the way they went about recast...no announcement, reason, etc...is probably why people are feeling a kinda way. Heck, he did not even get an 'on air' announcement...and we know how jarring THAT can be for soap fans...especially the ones NOT online. 

 

 

38 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Soap twitter is still dragging GH. It looks like Brad will be back.  

  

 

  

 

I read the SOD Novemeber Sweeps information for GH and I suspected given what it said about Britt that Brad was on his way back. I also think that...along with a recast and WdR leaving...mean that Julian's days are sooo numbered cuz his role in the baby switch is coming out.

 

Hmmm...I find them both attractive. lol.

Edited by Taoboi
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, John said:

Im open to the recast. I just hope they actually utilize Lucas now

 

They won't, and you should stop excusing every tacky thing GH does like recasting a popular actor with zero notice just because casting notices get you excited.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer.  I like Ryan Carnes a lot.  But I also really, really like CJ Thomason.  Ben Hogestyn was my least favorite.

 

Anyway, Lucas is a huge missed opportunity.  So disappointing.  Considering he's connected to pets Carly and Sam, I'm surprised they don't use him more for those reasons alone.  I'd love to see him featured the way Lulu, Maxie, and now Brooke Lynn are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Thomason and Hogestyn were both good, they just got virtually no chance to do anything on the show. CJ Thomason was excellent on the CBS slasher miniseries Harper's Island a few years later. That said, Carnes made the role his in the last decade by returning as a much more seasoned actor, and the way the show has consistently treated Lucas is shameful. I don't have any interest in Frank's latest [!@#$%^&*]-you move.

 

The show is in Last-5-Years-of-ATWT mode; it's a zombie soap with little life to it. It's either a constant wretched mess or dreadfully boring, and all he cares about is keeping it on life support and keeping it under his control. I'm sorry, I'm still not interested in those two anonymous white chicks I can't tell apart or Valentin or Wes Ramsey or the boring girl playing Joss who he's tried SO hard to make into Starr Manning, or any number of a dozen other things. I'm not interested in them doing nothing for characters of color or LGBT characters while expecting people to still watch all of Frank's favorites and the now suddenly very old Steve Burton and Kelly Monaco in 2020.

 

The show still has such potential and it's just consistently bad. That will never change unless Frank is unseated or it's put on streaming, and neither of those things are going to happen any time soon. I love GH but I don't pretend it's watchable when it's just plain bad and has been for many years just so I can say it's still on TV. I don't need it to exist.

Edited by Vee
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vee said:

The show is in Last-5-Years-of-ATWT mode; it's a zombie soap with little life to it. It's either a constant wretched mess or dreadfully boring, and all he cares about is keeping it on life support and keeping it under his control. I'm sorry, I'm still not interested in those two anonymous white chicks I can't tell apart or Valentin or Wes Ramsey or the boring girl playing Joss who he's tried SO hard to make into Starr Manning, or any number of a dozen other things. I'm not interested in them doing nothing for characters of color or LGBT characters while expecting people to still watch all of Frank's favorites and the now suddenly very old Steve Burton and Kelly Monaco in 2020.

 

The show still has such potential and it's just consistently bad. That will never change unless Frank is unseated or it's put on streaming, and neither of those things are going to happen any time soon. I love GH but I don't pretend it's watchable when it's just plain bad and has been for many years just so I can say it's still on TV. I don't need it to exist.

 

Agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if they will give nuLucas anything but hopefully ...

 

Brad is returning!  Maybe he's just in scenes with Britt but hopefully he'll have scenes with Lucas.

 

 

Edited by janea4old
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vee said:

I think Thomason and Hogestyn were both good, they just got virtually no chance to do anything on the show. CJ Thomason was excellent on the CBS slasher miniseries Harper's Island a few years later. That said, Carnes made the role his in the last decade by returning as a much more seasoned actor, and the way the show has consistently treated Lucas is shameful. I don't have any interest in Frank's latest [!@#$%^&*]-you move.

 

The show is in Last-5-Years-of-ATWT mode; it's a zombie soap with little life to it. It's either a constant wretched mess or dreadfully boring, and all he cares about is keeping it on life support and keeping it under his control. I'm sorry, I'm still not interested in those two anonymous white chicks I can't tell apart or Valentin or Wes Ramsey or the boring girl playing Joss who he's tried SO hard to make into Starr Manning, or any number of a dozen other things. I'm not interested in them doing nothing for characters of color or LGBT characters while expecting people to still watch all of Frank's favorites and the now suddenly very old Steve Burton and Kelly Monaco in 2020.

 

The show still has such potential and it's just consistently bad. That will never change unless Frank is unseated or it's put on streaming, and neither of those things are going to happen any time soon. I love GH but I don't pretend it's watchable when it's just plain bad and has been for many years just so I can say it's still on TV. I don't need it to exist.

 

I applaud any actor who chooses to escape daytime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.