NETFLIX: Bridgerton

• Members

I agree. I also felt that the story was a bit rushed, which I think was more to due with the plotting of the first few episodes. A lot of time was wasted on the Lord Berbrooke plot line, and then there was a rush to have Daphne and Simone marry, when more could have been teased out between Prince Friedrich. From "An Affair of Honor" onward the show fast forwards by light speeds, with several beats and plot lines raced past. There were probably behind the scenes impacts to this -- they only had so many episodes to order for the first season, contracts were only for 1 season, etc. But the first 8 episodes honestly could have been 2 seasons. The season finale could have been Daphne and Simon being married, after an extended love triangle with the Prince, and the second season could have been Simon and Daphne's marriage problems. Once the mid point of episode 4 hits, the show's entire pacing is just off.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Toups changed the title to Netflix: Bridgerton
  • 2 months later...