NETFLIX: Bridgerton

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

BRILLIANT!  I only watched the first eppy and I didn't want it to end.  It was so good!  

Love the Duke and the set up to his romance with Daphne.  His arrogance is a win and rolling up on horseback in all black certainly didn't hurt.  

Polly Walker (who should always be on my screen) and Ruth Gemmell are not huge names but they are 2 of the finest actresses in the business.  Superb casting as rivaling ladies of their houses!  I've been a fan of Polly Walker for years and was ecstatic to learn she was cast.  

Because it's Shonda, this could very easily [and quickly] go to hell in a hand basket but I really love what I've seen so far.  

Not going into great detail because I'm hoping you guys will give it a look.  

• Members

Also, it’s cool to see Adjoa Andoh (Lady Danbury) in a role she can sink her teeth into. She was so wasted as Martha’s mother on Doctor Who. She hasn’t aged a day since then.

Getting strong Eli Pope vibes from Simon’s father in those flashbacks.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Also a big fan of Simon’s sparring partner, played by Martins Imhangbe:

Please register in order to view this content

I find it hilarious reading reviews seeking deeper explanations for the show’s anachronistic diversity—when all these costume dramas are highly fantastical.

• Members

I have a feeling I will be disgusted by who fathered Marina's unborn child and so will Lady Featherington!  

And it was great to see Daphne defend herself instead of being rescued by the Duke.  I'm sure any woman would rather dive head first in her own vomit before marrying Lord Berbrooke.  Dahpne cleaned his clock

Please register in order to view this content