Jump to content

Days: November 2020 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts



  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben holding a gun at Vincent for almost the entire show was so BORING. The Salem Air Field looked awful. But at least it wasn't HTS. I guess due to Covid-19 and lack of a real budget. Ciara's funeral and memorial service weren't shown. Not that i mind.  Both Allie and Tripp deserve better than this crappy rape story. Poor Elani everything is Kristen this, Kristen that. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is already offensive that RC, DAYS, soaps in general still can't portray rape with any sensitivity but my God who can take the ensuing drama seriously with this goofy ass background music . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Just curious, but why aren’t people liking the Allie’s rape storyline?

To bring back Tripp as rape suspect or possible rapist is stupid. It a waste of a character with potential. Why can't Allie and Tripp have a romance. RC doesn't have the skills or talent to write this type of story.  I would've preferred they had a fling or one nightstand. The girl that plays Allie is green but she has raw talent. And deserves better.  Both actors deserve better. For awhile now Days hasn't let it's young characters enjoy being young adults. Everything has to be dark af for them.

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

To bring back Tripp as rape suspect or possible rapist is stupid. It a waste of a character with potential. Why can't Allie and Tripp have a romance. RC doesn't have the skills or talent to write this type of story.  I would've preferred they had a fling or one nightstand. The girl that plays Allie is green but she has raw talent. And deserves better.  Both actors deserve better. For awhile now Days hasn't let it's young character enjoy being young adults. Everything has to be dark af for them.

 

I have to agree. Why couldn't they have just had a one night stand? Both actors absolutely deserve better.

 

Or they could have committed to a true rape story but that's not possible, especially under Ron.

 

I think there's a reason young actors flee DAYS like they do ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bright Eyes said:

Has RC ever told a rape story that wasn't offensive? 

 

nope

 

Marty and Victor Jr. spring to mind immediately

 

Sort of unrelated to that ...

 

I also want to rant ... you give a young hunky white guy a contract but then you bring on someone fans have wanted back since they left (Theo) and it's just a 'complication' and visit? 

Edited by KMan101
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, now that we got the cliffhanger that, according to the DNA test, Tripp is the father of Allie's baby, I wanted to share my crazy fan theory. I'm guessing that the real father--and the man who actually raped Allie--will be Tripp's long-lost half-brother, Ava's other son who we never knew existed. And I'm guessing that will be Charlie, and I'm guessing that he's actually working at Titan as a mole, feeding info on the company to his mother (who I'm guessing is also Phillip's co-conspirator). 

 

I have no idea if my guesses will turn out to be right, but I'm excited to keep watching and find out!

 

Also, I'm living for those Jake and Gwen scenes. I feel like other soaps need to study what Days has done with those two, because THAT'S the right way to introduce new characters to the canvas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victoria foxton said:

To bring back Tripp as rape suspect or possible rapist is stupid. It a waste of a character with potential. Why can't Allie and Tripp have a romance. RC doesn't have the skills or talent to write this type of story.  I would've preferred they had a fling or one nightstand. The girl that plays Allie is green but she has raw talent. And deserves better.  Both actors deserve better. For awhile now Days hasn't let it's young characters enjoy being young adults. Everything has to be dark af for them.

You're right. Maybe a one night stand would have been better. He could have turned to Allie on rebound to get over his feelings for Claire or Ciara, and overtime they develop a relationship much to Claire's chagrin.

17 minutes ago, prefab1 said:

Okay, now that we got the cliffhanger that, according to the DNA test, Tripp is the father of Allie's baby, I wanted to share my crazy fan theory. I'm guessing that the real father--and the man who actually raped Allie--will be Tripp's long-lost half-brother, Ava's other son who we never knew existed. And I'm guessing that will be Charlie, and I'm guessing that he's actually working at Titan as a mole, feeding info on the company to his mother (who I'm guessing is also Phillip's co-conspirator). 

 

I have no idea if my guesses will turn out to be right, but I'm excited to keep watching and find out!

You should be the head writer of DAYS

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, prefab1 said:

Okay, now that we got the cliffhanger that, according to the DNA test, Tripp is the father of Allie's baby, I wanted to share my crazy fan theory. I'm guessing that the real father--and the man who actually raped Allie--will be Tripp's long-lost half-brother, Ava's other son who we never knew existed. And I'm guessing that will be Charlie, and I'm guessing that he's actually working at Titan as a mole, feeding info on the company to his mother (who I'm guessing is also Phillip's co-conspirator). 

 

I have no idea if my guesses will turn out to be right, but I'm excited to keep watching and find out!

 

Also, I'm living for those Jake and Gwen scenes. I feel like other soaps need to study what Days has done with those two, because THAT'S the right way to introduce new characters to the canvas. 

That's a great theory . Jake and Gwen's scenes today were good.

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

 

nope

 

Marty and Victor Jr. spring to mind immediately

 

Sort of unrelated to that ...

 

I also want to rant ... you give a young hunky white guy a contract but then you bring on someone fans have wanted back since they left (Theo) and it's just a 'complication' and visit? 

Poor Theo doesn't get any love from Ron.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Or they could have committed to a true rape story but that's not possible, especially under Ron.

 

Add that soaps in general just don't have a great track record with telling stories about somewhat sensitive issues like rape. Too often it's been used as sweeps fodder to make me believe that this time, especially under a plot'n'camp based writer like Ron, it'll be done right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, te. said:

 

Add that soaps in general just don't have a great track record with telling stories about somewhat sensitive issues like rape. Too often it's been used as sweeps fodder to make me believe that this time, especially under a plot'n'camp based writer like Ron, it'll be done right.

 

Exactly.

 

I'd much rather they avoid the topic altogether.

 

Ron seems to use it as a trope and he knows it never goes over well. He has to. Not sure why he keeps using it? He's Re-Ron for a reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, te. said:

 

Add that soaps in general just don't have a great track record with telling stories about somewhat sensitive issues like rape. Too often it's been used as sweeps fodder to make me believe that this time, especially under a plot'n'camp based writer like Ron, it'll be done right.

Miss that you mention it, when was the last rape story that was told well? Was it Emily Quartermaine?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy