Y&R November 2020 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, kalbir said:

I misunderstood. You don't find CLB convincing as a romantic leading man?

I never have. He gave me gay vibes since his time on ATWT as Kirk McColl.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I was young, but I thought CLB was very convincing as a short-term violent heterosexual harasser in the early ‘90s. It’s just when he was reformed and settled into playing Michael Baldwin (and maybe more of a reflection of his dandyish self) that he became less convincing. (I hate that they moved the edit button lol.)

1 minute ago, Faulkner said:

Maybe I was young, but I thought CLB was very convincing as a short-term violent, heterosexual harasser in the early ‘90s. It’s just when he was reformed and settled into playing Michael Baldwin (and maybe more of a reflection of his dandyish self) that he became less convincing.

Edited by Faulkner

Abby’s such an idiot. Elena told her that seeing Chance would put him at a risk of infection, and she rushes in to see him? Just thinking of people who can’t see hospitalized relatives due to COVID...and Y&R is playing that sh!t like it’s cute and romantic. Tone-deaf.

Is Lola being phased out? It does seem like Sally might vie with Summer for Kyle, which wouldn’t leave Lola with much to do.

Edited by Faulkner
1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

Abby’s such an idiot. Elena told her that seeing Chance would put him at a risk of infection, and she rushes in to see him? Just thinking of people who can’t see hospitalized relatives due to COVID...and Y&R is playing that sh!t like it’s cute and romantic. Tone-deaf.

Is Lola being phased out? It does seem like Sally might vie with Summer for Kyle, which wouldn’t leave Lola with much to do.

It’s been interesting as Y&R has been the one show to even subtly imply COVID with Nick & Rey mentioning having to social distance in Crimson Lights a while back, Phyllis telling her accountant she knows the world situation is bleak for her hotel etc but at the same time ya almost sounds like one of the writers lives in Thudley Bell’s world. 

It would be a good opportunity to

go ahead and have Lola leave with Theo because right now she’s dead weight.

Edited by soapfan770

I always thought Christian Leblanc worked better as a villain. Even in the early 2000s when he wasn’t full psycho but sabotaging Christine and Paul’s relationship was good enough. Never cared for the redeemed Michael, but they did it and brought along the Fisher clan to my dismay. 

On 11/13/2020 at 3:23 AM, Vee said:

Dude, literally everyone has been telling you this for years. You only show up to complain about SON not giving soaps a day pass. You know this. At least a dozen, maybe dozens of people have talked to you about it for a long time. We can set our watch to it: When you show up, it's to be angry that folks aren't liking the soaps. What is the functional difference between you and the job Alan Locher used to have propping up ATWT? And why do you care so much that people disagree with you? Move on with your life.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Someone needs to call out the Devon/Elena/Nate rewrite. When did Elena fall for Nate? Flirted, yes. Fall in love? Nah. Last I knew she was freaking out about Amanda and Devon.  I know she has more chemistry with Nate, but several beats were missed in between from what I’ve read online. 

If I was to hazard a guess, I’d say it’s the show wanting to get their timelines ‘back on track’ so Sweeps, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc could be as originally designed. I remember a bit of wishful thinking from people like me that those in charge would use the lockdown period to do a soft reset, even if it meant ditching some of the stories that lead into it.

Alas, the skipping of beats, and rushing of plot points option was exercised instead.

Did the Summer actress have too much Botox? She looks terrible these days.

Adam and Chelsea are still going round and round. Yawn

I’m enjoying Miss Sally Spectra. 
I’m a little bummed that they ended Devon and Elena  just to pair him with MM again.

They need to end Kyle and Summer for good. The two are boring together and I don’t think the actors have much chemistry. He deserves some fun, perhaps with Sally!

On 11/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, Soap-princess said:

I always thought Christian Leblanc worked better as a villain. Even in the early 2000s when he wasn’t full psycho but sabotaging Christine and Paul’s relationship was good enough. Never cared for the redeemed Michael, but they did it and brought along the Fisher clan to my dismay. 

Agreed! Early 2000s Michael would work fine IMO. Him and de-fanged Lauren have been full for so many years now. It'd be nice if they brought back a touch of her 90s spice.

Edited by ironlion
6 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

I wonder if he got a temp recast or was just written off for a bit. For as much as they play him, he’s not even in the opening credits.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.