Worst Character Assassinations?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turning Lily on Y&R into a murderer.  Now they almost act like it never happened and Lily has a cushy job at Chance Comm.  Hilary's twin sister hasn't even filed a lawsuit.  

Holly on Guiding Light was pretty bad.  Character never recovered.  I remember saying this one time before and someone said 'well she was mentally and physically abused so it made sense.'  Not to me it didn't...Holly wouldn't go driving off in a van with the town's kids.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen with someone who was abused but it was done VERY badly.  She was almost cartoonish.  

At the end of AW's run, Marley was ruined as the crazy psycho that locked up Vicky. Seemed like it came out of nowhere. Marley had always been the sweet, innocent one. I get that Jake's rape of Marley could make the character an angry person after such violation....but all that time later? Why then?

On 10/21/2020 at 7:53 AM, MichaelGL said:

The list would be ENDLESS for those who were sacrificed under Ellen Weston's disastrous tenure on GL. Primarily I'll name Ben Reade, Ed Bauer, and Alex Spaulding.

Too true..Ed not so much as he always had issues (tho slapping Chele, no matter how well deserved was a bit much) but Alex was the worst! Not only because of the character's history but it was an abrupt change from the Joan Collins/Taggert savvy underhanded, but doing it with good intentions, to a drug dealing shrew.  Terrible.

Zander got a bus over him for the puke that was "Num". Nik and Emily were cavity-inducing. At least Chad Brannon (before the Daytime Emmys became participation trophies!) got an Emmy out of the damage that was done to his character to make Nik/Emily look better.

Sharon Newman - The Young and The Restless 

Victoria Newman - The Young and The Restless

Neil Winters - The Young and The Restless

JT Helstrom - The Young and The Restless

Adam Munson, ATWT. I’ve blocked out a lot of 2000s ATWT, but didn’t they have him turn into an insta-psycho who attacked Gwen and was “killed off” in a cover-up story similar to what Y&R later did with JT? Just not at all the character I remembered Craig Lawlor playing.

TGL's Beth Raines inexplicably went from a sweet and shy heroine under Judi Evans to a tic-ridden, sofa-humping harpy shrew under Beth Chamberlin. Her behavior when the character was in San Cristocrap, for example, was mind-numbingly ridiculous.

10 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Adam Munson, ATWT. I’ve blocked out a lot of 2000s ATWT, but didn’t they have him turn into an insta-psycho who attacked Gwen and was “killed off” in a cover-up story similar to what Y&R later did with JT? Just not at all the character I remembered Craig Lawlor playing.

Wise choice to block most of 2000s ATWT out (as most of the stories were garbage). I have noticed that I have done the same thing. 

The way that Barbara's kids were mostly savaged on that show ... I'm surprised Colleen Zenk never mentioned it.