victoria foxton

GH September 2020 Discussion

32 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I've tried watching and I just can't seem to get through an episode. Lord. Some days are better than others.

But the focus is [!@#$%^&*]. We have Bobbie and Carly, Bobbie reams out Valentin and then disappears for the rest of the hour as Carly chats with ABC/ESPN guest star Stephen A. Smith. Over of course Sonny and how wonderful he is.

No thanks. The focus and direction remain so wrong.

I'm glad to have Britt back. At least until another job comes calling and Thiebaud leaves again.

I agree on Dev and I think that's what they were supposed to do. Not sure how true that was or if that's what they're doing now. I really don't need or care about Dev so ... lol

I heard somewhere that Britt is supposed to be around for a little longer this time then she usually has been.

I've always felt like the character of Dev was just not needed. The more I think about it, AA should have just been a recast Oscar.

It seems the show has fallen back into what it was last summer; mostly people just standing around talking and not doing anything to move their stories along.

32 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

They were smart to quietly dump him. I liked him a lot at first when he was initially introduced but quickly became meh. I'm not sure why they wanted to bring him back? Did Mumbles Benard get bent out of shape?

I think he's a good actor too but they clearly had no idea what they wanted to do with him. First, he was a mole in Sonny's organization, then he was a thief, then he was in love with Josslyn, then he was gay, now he's asexual. I guess that's why they let him go. Mo probably did complain to get him back lol

Dev being gay or bi would been a good story. They could have really played up the fact that since he grew up in a country that wasn't LGBT friendly, for the first time in life he was finally free to be himself and owe that all to Sonny, Carly, etc. 

If he turns out to be asexual, I have no idea what they would be able to do with him as a character.

Edited by AbcNbc247

44 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I heard somewhere that Britt is supposed to be around for a little longer this time then she usually has been.

I've always felt like the character of Dev was just not needed. The more I think about it, AA should have just been a recast Oscar.

It seems the show has fallen back into what it was last summer; mostly people just standing around talking and not doing anything to move their stories along.

I think he's a good actor too but they clearly had no idea what they wanted to do with him. First, he was a mole in Sonny's organization, then he was a thief, then he was in love with Josslyn, then he was gay, now he's asexual. I guess that's why they let him go. Mo probably did complain to get him back lol

Dev being gay or bi would been a good story. They could have really played up the fact that since he grew up in a country that wasn't LGBT friendly, for the first time in life he was finally free to be himself and owe that all to Sonny, Carly, etc. 

If he turns out to be asexual, I have no idea what they would be able to do with him as a character.

That's good on Britt. She adds some fire to the show and they desperately need it.

Yeah, I'm not sure what their goal is with Dev. I liked the actor too.

It would be a good story to tell, if they were actually committed to it. 

I'm surprised they haven't given Josslyn/Eden more to do. She could sell an addiction-type story. I was hoping for something when she and Cam got drunk but it went nowhere (like everything else on the show)

And yeah, it does seem like the show is treading water again. The Nelle stuff lit a temporary fuse but the pilot light is out again.

Edited by KMan101

I wanted the show to be re-centered around the hospital instead of Sonny's mob life.

So what do they do? They have mobster Cyrus take over the hospital.

That was NOT what I wanted when I wanted more hospital stories.

I. do. not. want. the. mob. anywhere. on. the. show.

17 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

lol! i thought the same when I saw those bangs. Hilarious that Kimberly joked about it.

2 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Anybody know when Mike's gonna die? This has been going on for way too long now 

Supposedly he will but lord. However it is kinda realistic. It can be a very slow decline. It can also go very fast. But I agree, I've been over it this year. We don't need depressing medical stories, especially now. Hasn't this Mo Benard vanity project been going on for like two years now?

Edited by KMan101

3 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Supposedly he will but lord. However it is kinda realistic. It can be a very slow decline. It can also go very fast. But I agree, I've been over it this year. We don't need depressing medical stories, especially now. Hasn't this Mo Benard vanity project been going on for like two years now?

2 1/2 actually. I really like Max Gail in the role and I'm glad that the story has been more focused on Mike and the effect that his disease is having on the family, rather than stuff like that dead body under Charlie's mess, but I'm ready for this story to transition into another one. 

1 hour ago, AbcNbc247 said:

2 1/2 actually. I really like Max Gail in the role and I'm glad that the story has been more focused on Mike and the effect that his disease is having on the family, rather than stuff like that dead body under Charlie's mess, but I'm ready for this story to transition into another one. 

I really have enjoyed Max Gail in the role and agreed it has been more focused on the effect the disease is having on the family. But I'm ready to move on too. I'm kinda sad they gave Mike this disease because Max Gail has been great. It will be sad to lose him when Mike eventually dies.

23 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I really have enjoyed Max Gail in the role and agreed it has been more focused on the effect the disease is having on the family. But I'm ready to move on too. I'm kinda sad they gave Mike this disease because Max Gail has been great. It will be sad to lose him when Mike eventually dies.

My guess is they didn't realize how popular and well received Max Gail would become, which is probably why they dragged the story out for so long.

2 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

My guess is they didn't realize how popular and well received Max Gail would become, which is probably why they dragged the story out for so long.

That's likely true! I can see that being the case.

I can’t believe he isn’t dead yet. I saw several social media posts which made it seem like he had died.

After Oscar’s slow and depressing death (even if I didn’t like him), and now Mike.  It’s a tough couple of stories to sit through in a year.  Although nothing like the three years of Labine (but that was masterful storytelling).

9 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I also don’t need to see all these scenes supposedly from the past — creating Mike’s relationships that we never saw onscreen.

Just die already.

8 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

I also don’t need to see all these scenes supposedly from the past — creating Mike’s relationships that we never saw onscreen.

Just die already.

I don’t think they’re flashbacks. I think they’re  visions of what life would have been like for everybody had Mike not gotten sick. Frank said in interviews that we were going to see a “What if”? storyline as Mike was dying 

52 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I don’t think they’re flashbacks. I think they’re  visions of what life would have been like for everybody had Mike not gotten sick. Frank said in interviews that we were going to see a “What if”? storyline as Mike was dying 

Yeah, it's a 'What if' thing.

I think they're just trying to give Max Gail all they can, which I get.

14 hours ago, titan1978 said:

I can’t believe he isn’t dead yet. I saw several social media posts which made it seem like he had died.

After Oscar’s slow and depressing death (even if I didn’t like him), and now Mike.  It’s a tough couple of stories to sit through in a year.  Although nothing like the three years of Labine (but that was masterful storytelling).

It is tough to sit through, especially when they aren't particularly well written. At least Claire, like you said, was masterful at telling stories, even if they were depressing. Neither of these have come close. She probably would have nailed this Mike story though (remember Audrey was supposed to get Alzheimers way back when but thankfully ...)