Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AbcNbc247 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

Oh GMAB. Enough!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m glad COVID isn’t a part of GH storylines. It wouldn’t be done properly, so why do it? You really think they’d wear masks at appropriate times? They wouldn’t. Then you’d expect explanations about that. I just don’t want to see that part of real life on the soaps. This is all hard enough to get through without COVID soaps.

 

i thought the Nurses Ball looked cheap as hell. Those t shirts looked wrinkled and not really high quality. Everything was underwhelming.

 

Part of the problem was just replaying past Nurses Balls for weeks. We needed another one this soon? One that’s a lesser version of itself? Just no.

 

KeMo looks to me like she got new botoxed lips and that it caused an infection. I thought she looked awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

I’m glad COVID isn’t a part of GH storylines. It wouldn’t be done properly, so why do it? You really think they’d wear masks at appropriate times? They wouldn’t. Then you’d expect explanations about that. I just don’t want to see that part of real life on the soaps. This is all hard enough to get through without COVID soaps.

Exactly.

 

If it’s not going to be done right, then it’s not worth doing at all. And now that you mention it, after dealing with it for all these months, I wouldn’t want to see it on TV either, especially on soaps.

Edited by AbcNbc247
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you're not going to do it, then do a fictional pandemic! But don't act like people are tuning in for these terrible stories when they could've done a timejump. Do something new! I'm not here to watch these folks risk their lives breathing the same air as Kelly Monaco and wearing ill-fitting t-shirts (poor Bradford)

Edited by Vee
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

I’m glad COVID isn’t a part of GH storylines. It wouldn’t be done properly, so why do it? You really think they’d wear masks at appropriate times? They wouldn’t. Then you’d expect explanations about that. I just don’t want to see that part of real life on the soaps. This is all hard enough to get through without COVID soaps.

 

i thought the Nurses Ball looked cheap as hell. Those t shirts looked wrinkled and not really high quality. Everything was underwhelming.

 

Part of the problem was just replaying past Nurses Balls for weeks. We needed another one this soon? One that’s a lesser version of itself? Just no.

 

KeMo looks to me like she got new botoxed lips and that it caused an infection. I thought she looked awful.

 

With a Covid SL, the characters would be wearing masks indefinitely.  They are already sh!t so why take away the teeny weeny bit of remaining glamour?  I think GH did a pretty good job with the poison water so they should just leave it at that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why bother with this fictional telethon? It might’ve been cool at least it they actually connected this with some kind of real-life fundraising effort, even if they didn’t name COVID as the reason. Otherwise, it’s not compelling at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't they used to connect it to actual AIDS research?  I am pretty sure in the 90's you could buy a Nurses Ball tee shirt for like 30 dollars.  Clearly more than they spent on these tees lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

This Nurses Ball is so dead boring. Not that any of the modern era Balls have been that great. The telethon wasn't a bad idea. But it so badly done. Only 2 musical numbers so far. The kids were way better than Nina & Jax. Poor Anna propping up her insta son Parking lot Pete. Poor Robert stuck with Spinelli.

Spoiler

So glad Taggert is alive. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say, William Lipton was quite a find for GH. The kid is very talented and I think he's got the potential to be a leading man in the future.

 

I'm going to feel so bad for Anna and Maxie when their Peter bubble gets burst. 

 

And Brook Kerr still looks amazing. Seriously, did she leave Passions 13 years ago or 13 days ago? She looks exactly the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carolineg said:

Didn't they used to connect it to actual AIDS research?  I am pretty sure in the 90's you could buy a Nurses Ball tee shirt for like 30 dollars.  Clearly more than they spent on these tees lol

 

I can't get over how cheap those t shirts look. 

11 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Gotta say, William Lipton was quite a find for GH. The kid is very talented and I think he's got the potential to be a leading man in the future.

 

I'm going to feel so bad for Anna and Maxie when their Peter bubble gets burst. 

 

And Brook Kerr still looks amazing. Seriously, did she leave Passions 13 years ago or 13 days ago? She looks exactly the same.

 

Agree about William Lipton. Good songwriter, good performer. The Nina song was bad, and Ingo made it worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2020 at 10:40 AM, Vee said:

If you're not going to do it, then do a fictional pandemic! But don't act like people are tuning in for these terrible stories when they could've done a timejump. Do something new! I'm not here to watch these folks risk their lives breathing the same air as Kelly Monaco and wearing ill-fitting t-shirts (poor Bradford)

Agreed. They could have time jumped to August and just came out of a small pandemic that lasted 3 months. That way you can cut stories not working. 

 

It's still May 2020 in PC right?

Edited by John
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Much like Oscar dying, I do not understand a creative team that is so invested in such a depressing storyline (Mike’s declining health) will then turn around and say their audience is looking for an escape from the real world.  And this is what you think we want to see?

 

Also-  the weird starts and stops to stories has got to stop.  Why things like Mike dying and Peter are dragged on for months or even years, but other things are just dropped or given no time (Molly and TJ, Brando, Dev, Nikolas, Liz’s kid/money issues), is strange.

Edited by titan1978
Link to post
Share on other sites

With its overstuffed canvas, GH really feels like a scattershot attempt to be all things to all people and winds up disappointing everyone. Nothing really feels developed. It feels like a stubborn attempt to produce a big 20th-century soap with 21st-century limitations. It just doesn’t work at all for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's the big storylines with non-contract characters that are messing up the show the most. Where the hell are Brad and Lucas? They really needed to further include them. Maybe bring in a new man for Lucas and have Brad trying his best to get Lucas back, but at the same time Brad begins to remember his feelings for Felix.

 

I'm sure the same thing's going to happen with Molly and TJ once TJ finds out that she slept with Brando. They'll have their big confrontations scenes and then just disappear.

Edited by AbcNbc247
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...