Chris B

DAYS: 30+ Year Vet Quits!

5 hours ago, Antoyne said:

Kate is literally one of if not the last remaining Soap Opera fabulous diva characters on air. I couldn’t watch Days without her. It’s bad enough they refuse to even keep her kids on canvas, and her grandson is closer with Marlena.

You are not exaggerating. She is the last Soap Opera Fabulous Diva character on the air. The only other is Y&R's Jill, but she's not been on contract for 12 years. 

5 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

LK has survived the chopping block so many times in the past.. It would be a shame if she left.  

I sure hope so. 

21 hours ago, DaytimeFan said:

What @Antoyne said. There are rumblings about LK being out? Reliable sources? Literally the one actress/character who can be relied upon to parachute into any story and instantly make it better?

If she goes I will have no reason to watch DAYS ever again.

Supposedly it's on her own if she is out. But I just saw rumblings on Twitter and I DON'T know the source so take it with a total grain of salt. But honestly, like Hope, they haven't known what to do with Kate for over a decade. I'd hate to see her go but I wouldn't be shocked either.

They're lowballing everyone. Imagine the savings with Kristian and Lauren out? 

Edited by KMan101

This cast cut reminds me of 2005 gl when everyone left Hard to belive gl got canned at 2.5 million viewers. While days is still here at 1.7

I'm more bullish on DAYS than most of you. I think it's basically as good as a soap can be in 2020 considering budget issues and executive meddling.

But darn, losing Lauren Koslow would be a huge loss. They could just use her right... She shouldn't be a sidekick for Abe. Give her a younger man to romance her and a scheming woman to feud against, and we're cooking with gas.

I meant to reply earlier to this.  I am shocked.

However I do have to disagree with one thing. Before the writers messed it up, I liked some Hope/Aiden. And it seem like others did too. Of course, I might be wrong. But once they messed that up AND killed Bo, there was not much to do with her. 

And I don't want her with Rafe. Sorry.

Hope hasn't maintained her identity in years, and Kate was played out by 1998 (I've said it before, I'll say it again). I do like LK, but (if she left), Debra Adair should return to acting...

Lauren Koslow is one of those soap actors we take for granted. She's been there for 24 hours now and we just assume she'll always be there. I hadn't heard of any rumors of her departure but I sure hope it's not true. 

33 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

Lauren Koslow is one of those soap actors we take for granted. She's been there for 24 hours now and we just assume she'll always be there. I hadn't heard of any rumors of her departure but I sure hope it's not true. 

Wow, a full day! ;) 😛

44 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

Lauren Koslow is one of those soap actors we take for granted. She's been there for 24 hours years now and we just assume she'll always be there. I hadn't heard of any rumors of her departure but I sure hope it's not true. 

Fixed it ;)

Totally agree - we take for granted that LK has been on the show for a massive length of time and has brightened up every single scene she's been in. By my count, she's now the longest tenured performer on the show continuously on contract.

In fairness, DAYS does shoot about 180 episodes a day.

LK is that unique actor who can take any garbage S/L or poor dialogue and sell it. After the failed TJ, I suggested for the annual "The Plan to SAVE DAYS!' that they rebuild the show around her.  

LK can show up at B&B

Kristian Alfonso (Hope) opened up about her DAYS exit in a segment of ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT. “It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions and I have no regrets,” she told interviewer Matt Cohen (ex-Griffin, GH). In the piece, Cohen said that when producers suggested she be pulled from the show for five months, it opened the door for her to make the tough decision to go. Alfonso revealed that she had been thinking about leaving for the past few years, adding that she won’t be back. “I don’t plan on returning and popping in as others have done in the past,” she declared. “I think that chapter is closed and a new one needs to be started.” For the full story from Alfonso, pick up next week’s issue of Digest.

47 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

LK is that unique actor who can take any garbage S/L or poor dialogue and sell it. After the failed TJ, I suggested for the annual "The Plan to SAVE DAYS!' that they rebuild the show around her.  

LK can show up at B&B

They could only be so lucky to realize the way she is able to sell the worst storyline or dialogue. 

9 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

Kristian Alfonso (Hope) opened up about her DAYS exit in a segment of ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT. “It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions and I have no regrets,” she told interviewer Matt Cohen (ex-Griffin, GH). In the piece, Cohen said that when producers suggested she be pulled from the show for five months, it opened the door for her to make the tough decision to go. Alfonso revealed that she had been thinking about leaving for the past few years, adding that she won’t be back. “I don’t plan on returning and popping in as others have done in the past,” she declared. “I think that chapter is closed and a new one needs to be started.” For the full story from Alfonso, pick up next week’s issue of Digest.

So, as I said, she didn't jump of her own volition. She was pushed.