Jump to content


victoria foxton

Days: July 2020 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DaytimeFan said:

 

You're right. He does not fit the cliche soap hunk model (even though he's a good looking guy whose aged far better than most his contemporaries) and he is punished for it.

 

He also plays Lucas with a snarky edge (which is great) and makes the character memorable, but it takes a good writer to appreciate the unique elements an actor can bring to a part, and unfortunately for DAYS and Lucas/Bryan, few have understood how useful and fun Lucas is for the canvas.

Lucas is soooo needed full-time and as other mentioned...not as the "second choice." He has such great chemistry with the whole cast. I say bring in a whole new character as a love interest for him if AS can't stick around full-time...but I'll always love Lumi!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

The explosion was so lame. 

It is what it is. It’s at the point where I’ll take what I can get.

 

I thought the wedding was one of the best I’ve seen on DAYS in a long time. Too bad Eric and Nicole couldn’t get that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

It is what it is. It’s at the point where I’ll take what I can get.

 

I thought the wedding was one of the best I’ve seen on DAYS in a long time. Too bad Eric and Nicole couldn’t get that 

I guess a part of me expects the production values from back in the day. It was still nice to see St Luke's. And see most of the characters at an event. And at least Cin wasn't married at the damn HTS. 

Edited by victoria foxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

It is what it is. It’s at the point where I’ll take what I can get.

 

I thought the wedding was one of the best I’ve seen on DAYS in a long time. Too bad Eric and Nicole couldn’t get that 

It's just crazy to me that Ciara's wedding to the serial killer is the only one that got the grand wedding treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

It's just crazy to me that Ciara's wedding to the serial killer is the only one that got the grand wedding treatment.

Yeah, it is lol they had to save all the money for them somehow. I was wondering who made that decision: Corday, Alarr or Meng?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

It is what it is. It’s at the point where I’ll take what I can get.

 

I thought the wedding was one of the best I’ve seen on DAYS in a long time. Too bad Eric and Nicole couldn’t get that 


Agreed, they may not have been my choice to have the wedding at the church given the recent wedding options, but I thought it was well done and overall enjoyable.

 

Is it just me, but I don’t find Julie likeable, she annoys me so much lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

It is what it is. It’s at the point where I’ll take what I can get.

 

I thought the wedding was one of the best I’ve seen on DAYS in a long time. Too bad Eric and Nicole couldn’t get that 


I enjoyed the wedding, too, and thought the explosion was just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

I guess a part of me expects the production values from back in the day. It was still nice to see St Luke's. And see most of the characters at an event. And at least Cin wasn't married at the damn HTS. 

I know it's budget, but there are characters that should have been there...Jennifer, Sonny, Maggie, Roman...

 

I think all of the "wedding budget" went to this one. And yes, at least it wasn't at HTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Riverdalefan1 said:

Is it just me, but I don’t find Julie likeable, she annoys me so much lol

 

I actually love how "unlikeable" the show makes Julie. It would have been so easy to sweeten the character up and turn her into a kind of Alice clone. But the way they write Julie, you can absolutely believe this is the same character who, in the show's first episode, was arrested for trying to shoplift a mink coat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, prefab1 said:

 

I actually love how "unlikeable" the show makes Julie. It would have been so easy to sweeten the character up and turn her into a kind of Alice clone. But the way they write Julie, you can absolutely believe this is the same character who, in the show's first episode, was arrested for trying to shoplift a mink coat. 


Ahh I see, makes sense, I only started watching DAYS shortly before the time jump so as a relatively new viewer this reasoning makes sense regarding Julie.

 

I wasn’t watching when Ben was the necktie killer either so for me I think it’s easier to accept the Cin pairing based off of what I’ve seen, but I know within the fandom, specifically this board, they aren’t well received together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love nasty Julie. She was never a saint. Even if she is old enough to be the matriarch now, it's good to have her with an edge. And Doug so much balances her. It's a perfect match for as long as Bill Hayes will be able to play.

 

The wedding was better than what we are used to these days. I love St. Luke but it was disgusting to see all the Ben props. I wish he was dead in this lame explosion but I know he won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pdm1974 said:

I know it's budget, but there are characters that should have been there...Jennifer, Sonny, Maggie, Roman...

There definitely should have been more people. If there hadn't been an explosion, poor Will would have had no one to dance with at the reception lol

 

But it still beats Hope and Jennifer not being at Eli's wedding or Will, Ciara, etc. not being at Eric's 

4 hours ago, Riverdalefan1 said:

I wasn’t watching when Ben was the necktie killer either so for me I think it’s easier to accept the Cin pairing based off of what I’ve seen, but I know within the fandom, specifically this board, they aren’t well received together. 

That's Ron Carlivati's fault. I think they would have more fans, myself included, had they been written better and numerous characters weren't destroyed to prop Ben

Edited by AbcNbc247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

There definitely should have been more people. If there hadn't been an explosion, poor Will would have had no one to dance with at the reception lol

 

I mean, obviously Will would have slow danced with Ben. To "Cupid's Chokehold." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...