Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
Vince79

Most deadweight characters on each soap?

Recommended Posts

It’s pretty clear that out of the four, GH is the deadweight soap. Half of the cast can be fired tomorrow and I wouldn’t bat an eye for a lot of them. All those actors, it’s a wonder how Frank manages to keep the show under budget. 

 

If I had to pick one though, it would be Franco/RH for sure 

Edited by AbcNbc247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlexElizabeth said:

Ben on Days. They are willing to make every single character on canvas look ridiculous to try to prop him. This week they literally had Will, who Ben attempted to strangle to death, say that the whole incident is just "water under the bridge." The whole town has to prop up this serial killer, and people who don't like Ben (like Eve, whose daughter he murdered) are looked at as the bad guys.

 

I was going to say Ben after Rafe.  When you use the main heroine on the show to prop him-it's a lot. lol.  But I thought Cin was popular?  I have no idea why, but they seem to have a faction of fans.  At this point they should just retcon the killings and say Jordan did it and call it a day.  It's ridiculous to make him a hero in Salem after what he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, carolineg said:

Absolutely.  And you can add Nina to the list of those already mentioned.  And Willow/Sasha.  I know they drive story but I think they are the same character.  We don't need two of them lol.

I don't think Jax is a dead weight character due to his history of being popular, but he really is misused now and has no purpose.

 

I like Watros, but Nina isn't needed. 

 

So many male characters should be positioned to challenge (or check) Sonny, but of course....can't.....RME.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AlexElizabeth said:

Ben on Days. They are willing to make every single character on canvas look ridiculous to try to prop him. This week they literally had Will, who Ben attempted to strangle to death, say that the whole incident is just "water under the bridge." The whole town has to prop up this serial killer, and people who don't like Ben (like Eve, whose daughter he murdered) are looked at as the bad guys.

You said it before i had a chance to. The character and the over propping for him makes the show difficult to watch at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think B&B is up there with GH with deadweight characters, which is even more pronounced with such a tiny canvas. Some of these were once viable and vital parts of the show, but looking at Katie, Quinn, Liam, Wyatt, Bill, even Ridge - all feel like dead-end characters or have been left spinning wheels. The dynamics have really stalled. Really, once Stephanie was killed off, the Forresters (aside from Steffy) lost their usefulness and should have been phased out. I suppose in practice they have been, but there’s way too much boring Ridge bluster on this show.

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could list half the current cast of Y&R.

 

That show is in desperate need of a Salem Stalker style storyline, except that people should stay dead.

 

I'm going to look at the current cast on Wikipedia and see who could leave tomorrow without the show missing a beat:

 

People Who Can Go:

Donny Boaz Chance Chancellor 2019–present What happened to John Driscoll? He was hot (tho boring.)

Sasha Calle Lola Rosales 2018–present Who?

Sean Dominic Nate Hastings 2019–present Who?

Melissa Claire Egan Chelsea Lawson 2011–present Zzzzzz

Camryn Grimes Mariah Copeland 2014–present Both boring, and ruining Cassie's legacy at the same time

Amelia Heinle Victoria Newman 2005–present Needs a recast

Tyler Johnson Theo Vanderway 2019–present Who?

Hunter King Summer Newman 2012–2016, 2018–present She's been on 8 years and I can't even picture her? Recast.

Christian LeBlanc Michael Baldwin 1991–1993, 1997–present Outstayed his welcome 15+ years ago.

Michael Mealor Kyle Abbott 2018–present Zzzzzzz

Mishael Morgan Amanda Sinclair 2019–present Both boring, and ruining Hilary's legacy at the same time

Melissa Ordway Abby Newman 2013–present She's been on 7 years and I can't even picture her? Recast.

Brytni Sarpy Elena Dawson 2019–present Who?

Jason Thompson Billy Abbott 2016–present Needs a recast


People Who Can Stay:

Peter Bergman Jack Abbott 1989–present

Eric Braeden Victor Newman 1980–present

Sharon Case Sharon Newman1994–present

Mark Grossman Adam Newman 2019–present

Bryton James Devon Hamilton 2004–present

Kate Linder Esther Valentine 1982–present

Joshua Morrow Nicholas Newman 1994–present

Melody Thomas Scott Nikki Newman 1979–present

Michelle Stafford Phyllis Summers 1994–1997, 2000–2013, 2019–present

Jordi Vilasuso Rey Rosales 2018–present I didn't know he was on this now? Is he still hot? If so he can stay.

Edited by juppiter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, juppiter said:

You could list half the current cast of Y&R.

 

That show is in desperate need of a Salem Stalker style storyline, except that people should stay dead.

 

I'm going to look at the current cast on Wikipedia and see who could leave tomorrow without the show missing a beat:

 

People Who Can Go:

Donny Boaz Chance Chancellor 2019–present What happened to John Driscoll? He was hot (tho boring.)

Sasha Calle Lola Rosales 2018–present Who?

Sean Dominic Nate Hastings 2019–present Who?

Melissa Claire Egan Chelsea Lawson 2011–present Zzzzzz

Camryn Grimes Mariah Copeland 2014–present Both boring, and ruining Cassie's legacy at the same time

Amelia Heinle Victoria Newman 2005–present Needs a recast

Tyler Johnson Theo Vanderway 2019–present Who?

Hunter King Summer Newman 2012–2016, 2018–present She's been on 8 years and I can't even picture her? Recast.

Christian LeBlanc Michael Baldwin 1991–1993, 1997–present Outstayed his welcome 15+ years ago.

Michael Mealor Kyle Abbott 2018–present Zzzzzzz

Mishael Morgan Amanda Sinclair 2019–present Both boring, and ruining Hilary's legacy at the same time

Melissa Ordway Abby Newman 2013–present She's been on 7 years and I can't even picture her? Recast.

Brytni Sarpy Elena Dawson 2019–present Who?

Jason Thompson Billy Abbott 2016–present Needs a recast


People Who Can Stay:

Peter Bergman Jack Abbott 1989–present

Eric Braeden Victor Newman 1980–present

Sharon Case Sharon Newman1994–present

Mark Grossman Adam Newman 2019–present

Bryton James Devon Hamilton 2004–present

Kate Linder Esther Valentine 1982–present

Joshua Morrow Nicholas Newman 1994–present

Melody Thomas Scott Nikki Newman 1979–present

Michelle Stafford Phyllis Summers 1994–1997, 2000–2013, 2019–present

Jordi Vilasuso Rey Rosales 2018–present I didn't know he was on this now? Is he still hot? If so he can stay.

Pretty much agree with your choices with some exceptions.

Sean Dominic, Misheal Morgan and Michael Mealor can stay - they just need better stories and love interests.

 

Mark Grossman can go- Adam is a horrible character who cannot and should not be redeemed.

Recast Devon as Bryton has no presence onscreen.

Michelle Stafford definitely OUT. Mother and daughter leave town and all that ugly history goes with them.

Jordi has lost the hot factor and is giving vampire realness so he's out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, P.J. said:

 

I like Watros, but Nina isn't needed. 

 

So many male characters should be positioned to challenge (or check) Sonny, but of course....can't.....RME.

 

 

Watros and Stafford were fine, but Nina is a stupid character.  And CW has no chemistry with Ingo at all.  Jax should always be challenging Sonny and it's like the GH writers are missing a no brainer.  IR is so good with LW and it's just wasted on this weird endgame Carson love story.  GH could probably let go of half of it's cast and I wouldn't care.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cruising Soaps said:

I really don't think B&B has any dead weight.  The writers just need to learn how to better use their entire cast besides Brooke Ridge Steffi Hope and Liam.

 

 

I'm not sure I agree with this entirely, but BB certainly has what I like to call "anchors." Characters that are constantly leading or present (firmly planted) that it doesn't allow the ship to sail anywhere else, the story is primarily focused on these characters and little focus is placed elsewhere. 

Edited by GLATWT88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GH - Franco, Finn, Sasha, Dustin, Dev, Peter, Nina... and I'm also adding in Lulu and Maxie. Since ER was brought in, they've basically become the same boring one-note valley girl. My ears hurt during their scenes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 9:19 PM, juppiter said:

You could list half the current cast of Y&R.

 

That show is in desperate need of a Salem Stalker style storyline, except that people should stay dead.

 

I'm going to look at the current cast on Wikipedia and see who could leave tomorrow without the show missing a beat:

 

People Who Can Go:

Donny Boaz Chance Chancellor 2019–present What happened to John Driscoll? He was hot (tho boring.)

Sasha Calle Lola Rosales 2018–present Who?

Sean Dominic Nate Hastings 2019–present Who?

Melissa Claire Egan Chelsea Lawson 2011–present Zzzzzz

Camryn Grimes Mariah Copeland 2014–present Both boring, and ruining Cassie's legacy at the same time

Amelia Heinle Victoria Newman 2005–present Needs a recast

Tyler Johnson Theo Vanderway 2019–present Who?

Hunter King Summer Newman 2012–2016, 2018–present She's been on 8 years and I can't even picture her? Recast.

Christian LeBlanc Michael Baldwin 1991–1993, 1997–present Outstayed his welcome 15+ years ago.

Michael Mealor Kyle Abbott 2018–present Zzzzzzz

Mishael Morgan Amanda Sinclair 2019–present Both boring, and ruining Hilary's legacy at the same time

Melissa Ordway Abby Newman 2013–present She's been on 7 years and I can't even picture her? Recast.

Brytni Sarpy Elena Dawson 2019–present Who?

Jason Thompson Billy Abbott 2016–present Needs a recast


People Who Can Stay:

Peter Bergman Jack Abbott 1989–present

Eric Braeden Victor Newman 1980–present

Sharon Case Sharon Newman1994–present

Mark Grossman Adam Newman 2019–present

Bryton James Devon Hamilton 2004–present

Kate Linder Esther Valentine 1982–present

Joshua Morrow Nicholas Newman 1994–present

Melody Thomas Scott Nikki Newman 1979–present

Michelle Stafford Phyllis Summers 1994–1997, 2000–2013, 2019–present

Jordi Vilasuso Rey Rosales 2018–present I didn't know he was on this now? Is he still hot? If so he can stay.

I agree with this list. Mishael should have come back as Hillary and not watered down Amanda. 
Adam is not an essential character and neither is Chelsea. 

 

I will keep Christian LeBlanc, but I otherwise agree with your list. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...