• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
1 minute ago, dragonflies said:

Anyone of them could be asymptomatic

But if they're constantly testing everybody, even those who don't have symptoms, they would know if someone has it or not.

It's the only thing that makes sense really. I can't see them just being careless about it.

• Members

Okay- constant testing.  Has anyone here heard of instantaneous results for a COVID test?  I haven’t. Also- how much strain is that putting on testing labs in California?  Are we going to see people released from the show because their budget is taking this hit?

There is a time lag during which any of these people within 6 feet without a mask are at great risk between tests results, even if they are being daily.

I agree that this seems incredibly dangerous.

Edited by titan1978

• Members
38 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

Okay- constant testing.  Has anyone here heard of instantaneous results for a COVID test?  I haven’t. Also- how much strain is that putting on testing labs in California?  Are we going to see people released from the show because their budget is taking this hit?

There is a time lag during which any of these people within 6 feet without a mask are at great risk between tests results, even if they are being daily.

According to what I read on CDC's site, there are point-of-care COVID tests where the results can be available in less than an hour. So GH may be using those tests. If that's what they're doing, I sincerely hope it isn't taking the available tests away from other people. We have a friend who was routinely denied testing in her state even though the medical staff suspected she had the virus.

• Members
27 minutes ago, robbwolff said:

According to what I read on CDC's site, there are point-of-care COVID tests where the results can be available in less than an hour. So GH may be using those tests. If that's what they're doing, I sincerely hope it isn't taking the available tests away from other people. We have a friend who was routinely denied testing in her state even though the medical staff suspected she had the virus.

Good to know about the rapid result.  

• Members
1 hour ago, titan1978 said:

I traveled out of the country because I was moving and part of the check in requirements was having covid test within 72 hours of departure and you needed to present a negative test result. There are several places in the state offering testing and I had my results in 15 minutes. 

However, you are right about those who are asymptomatic. The current tests being used are actually quite unreliable at detecting the virus in people who are asymptomatic and even those showing symptoms don't always present a positive test result. Last I read, those with Covid who have symptoms presented a positive results only 70 percent of the time. Also, there is a period between transmission and detection, so someone may have Covid but it's too soon for a test to pick up on it. 

• Members

Valentini said GH has two covid advisors. If they are using rapid tests does that they allow them to film with closer distancing? 

asymptomatic  people with COVID 19 should still test positive but yes there have been issues in all states about false negatives & positives

I think the biggest issue with  asymptomatic people is that they feel fine so they do not get tested. But if GH tests everyone daily hopefully tests return acturate

Edited by John

• Members
1 minute ago, John said:

JPI_dool45th__WKurth529505_bigger.jpg

Fun fact: I saw , now playing Brooklyn, for the first time when tapes rolled. We have to be masked at all times. Crazy...

I think that just means they blocked and rehearsed with masks on and didn't get to take them off until they were actually filming which is expected. 

But its all the touching that I think has people baffled lol

• Members
Just now, Vizion said:

I think that just means they blocked and rehearsed with masks on and didn't get to take them off until they were actually filming which is expected. 

But its all the touching that I think has people baffled lol

Yeah they have to wear masks til they film scenes. Yeah I dont get that either. 

• Members
On 8/12/2020 at 5:15 PM, AbcNbc247 said:

But if they're constantly testing everybody, even those who don't have symptoms, they would know if someone has it or not.

It's the only thing that makes sense really. I can't see them just being careless about it.

The rapid tests aren't as accurate, too many false positives/negatives can happen

• Members

From Lynda Hirsch's column:

The cast and crew of "General Hospital" were thrilled to restart production. Although some were not thrilled with one of their cast mates, who refused to wear a mask. The set has two COVID monitors making sure everyone is following the rules. Rule No. 1: No fever. Rule No. 2: Wear a mask. This performer did not want to wear a mask. When she was hounded by folks on the set, she claimed she did not know how to put it on.

Here is a tip: Check YouTube. Or, better yet, I'll tell you how to do it. 1) Take a mask. 2) Put it over your head. 3) Place the loops behind your ears. 4) If it's down to your chin, then pull it up to cover your mouth and nose. Trust me, I figured it out in, oh, 30 seconds, and I ain't no Einstein.

Everyone else on the set figured it out, too. But folks were displeased as no one wants to get the coronavirus or pass it on to others. Luckily, the saga ends here, as she is in quarantine.

Three guesses who. I heard this story a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Vee