Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Soaps Returning To Production


Huntress

Recommended Posts

  • Members
7 minutes ago, te. said:

 

The thing is that they don't have to use it as a plot device per se, but more of an explanation of why they're distanced in scenes. Just acknowledge the real world for a bit, but don't have any characters get ill from it kind-of-thing.

 

That wouldn't work. Why would a couple in a relationship keep their distance? Or family? The only people I've interacted with without a mask on is my family over the past few months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
On 7/8/2020 at 3:42 PM, Soapsuds said:

 

How does this work with the unions? How exactly do real life significant others get paid if they are not part of SAG/AFTRA? 

On 7/8/2020 at 3:58 PM, Soaplovers said:

They could just not do love scenes for awhile.

There's a novel concept. Or a scene could just end with a couple entering the bedroom and fade to commercial.

Edited by amybrickwallace
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

If it gets too obvious, maybe they could have an announcer intone: "Due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, the part of ----------- in this scene will be played by ------------"

Edited by Dion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

There's a novel concept. Or a scene could just end with a couple entering the bedroom and fade to commercial.

 

It's funny because I've been watching Peyton Place a lot lately and there's rarely any love scenes on that show and it just ends up working better than the soaps of today. There's really not any reason to make all this effort to have love scenes, especially for a show like B&B which is 19 minutes anyway. A lot of the time love scenes just end up feeling like filler anyway. Just focus on, I don't know, character drama for a while?

 

In all honesty, these people should really just sit down and watch some old school soap episodes from the 1960s/1970s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, te. said:

 

It's funny because I've been watching Peyton Place a lot lately and there's rarely any love scenes on that show and it just ends up working better than the soaps of today. There's really not any reason to make all this effort to have love scenes, especially for a show like B&B which is 19 minutes anyway. A lot of the time love scenes just end up feeling like filler anyway. Just focus on, I don't know, character drama for a while?

 

In all honesty, these people should really just sit down and watch some old school soap episodes from the 1960s/1970s.

 

I think there's a lot to be said for leaving some things to the imagination.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, yrfan1983 said:

I haven't been tracking ratings since the classics starting airing, but I assume ratings are down. CBS is probably desperate to get new content on air to shore things up.

I would be curious to see what ratings will look like for BB next week. I wonder if CBS is running any ads during their daytime and primetime schedules to let viewers know they're returning to new episodes or doing some sort of promo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 minutes ago, GLATWT88 said:

I would be curious to see what ratings will look like for BB next week. I wonder if CBS is running any ads during their daytime and primetime schedules to let viewers know they're returning to new episodes or doing some sort of promo. 

In Mexico telenovelas returned about a month ago and it's #1 soap has reached new highs in 5 million viewers. Here in the USA the telenovelas are reaching a little over 2 million viewers which is up from before the pandemic started. The telenovelas on Unvision are seeing a resurgence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy