Jump to content

What are some of the longest running Soap rivalries??


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

What was the source of their conflict? By the time I got into GH Bobbie was barely used and Lucy came back a few years later only to be a super annoying character.

Lucy had an affair with Bobbie’s husband Jake and got pregnant (Bobbie cannot have children).  There was a miscarriage, and Lucy had started working for Tony as a nanny to BJ (Tony’s wife had died shortly before).  BJ was named in honor of Bobbie, and she and Lucy often argued about her manipulations of Tony.  Once they were married, she hated that Tony still kind of got a kick out of Lucy’s antics.  They had a couple of cat fights as I recall.

 

Then came Damian Smith- Lucy and Damian made a bet that he could not come between them, and sleep with Bobbie.  His prize if he did was to sleep with Lucy.  She picked them because she thought there was no way.  Well she did.  And they had an affair, and Tony found them kissing in the GH stairwell when their daughter BJ was brought in to the hospital after a bus accident.  Which lead to Maxie receiving BJ’s heart.

 

In recent times there was some stuff with Scotty.

 

So Jake, Tony, Damian and Scotty are all men they shared.  Plus Bobbie and Alan almost had an affair so they could have both slept with him too very easily.

Edited by titan1978
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, titan1978 said:

Lucy had an affair with Bobbie’s husband Jake and got pregnant (Bobbie cannot have children).  There was a miscarriage, and Lucy had started working for Tony as a nanny to BJ (Tony’s wife had died shortly before).  BJ was named in honor of Bobbie, and she and Lucy often argued about her manipulations of Tony.  Once they were married, she hated that Tony still kind of got a kick out of Lucy’s antics.  They had a couple of cat fights as I recall.

 

Then came Damian Smith- Lucy and Damian made a bet that he could not come between them, and sleep with Bobbie.  His prize if he did was to sleep with Lucy.  She picked them because she thought there was no way.  Well she did.  And they had an affair, and Tony found them kissing in the GH stairwell when their daughter BJ was brought in to the hospital after a bus accident.  Which lead to Maxie receiving BJ’s heart.

And just a little before the affair with Jake, we have Lucy being the mistress of Bobbie's psycho son-in-law, Kevin. Lucy made claims that she was manipulated, was trying to live a decent life, etc., but Bobbie could read her like a book.

 

And just a little after Damian (where I am in the episode summaries right now), Lucy was briefly jealous of the idea that Bobbie could be attracted to Kevin. (He was the Jones' therapist when they weren't sure if their marriage would survive.) Lucy was also jealous of Felicia, too, who was between men in 1994.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jill and Katherine feud lasted too long...from reading past history.it seemed like Bell semi ended it in 1980 with the two going separate ways..with occasionally interactions between 1980 and 1984.  It became pointless by the 90s..imho

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cassistan said:

Erica and Brooke should make that list.

 

Adam and Palmer too, they had a 50-60 year feud. From teenagers to elderly men. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 12:00 PM, Darn said:

 

Adam and Palmer too, they had a 50-60 year feud. From teenagers to elderly men. 

Yes. I almost forgot about them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Technically, Barnabas and Angelique from DARK SHADOWS win this because they hated each other for over 150 years.

I do think it's funny because rivalries absolutely do last decades in real life. I think the difference is on soaps, the characters interact with each other regularly whereas in real life, you probably wouldn't talk to someone you despise that often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2020 at 5:40 PM, Cheap21 said:

I cant imagine fighting with someone for 40 years people. These people look very  pathetic when you really think about it

Even in RL some people can hold a pretty mean grudge. :)

 

I would say Jill/Katherine and yep Viki/Dorian would owe this thread.

 

And even though it has faded down wasn't Phyllis vs Cricket long running, even acknowledged with GT Phyllis during the Walnut Grove celebration.

 

 

ETA: @All My Shadows Lol I just said that, too.

 

And shame on me for forgetting Phyllis/Sharon OR Erica/Brooke.

 

 

Edited by Taoboi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 9:29 AM, Soaplovers said:

Jill and Katherine feud lasted too long...from reading past history.it seemed like Bell semi ended it in 1980 with the two going separate ways..with occasionally interactions between 1980 and 1984.  It became pointless by the 90s..imho

Even as a kid watching it with my mom, I didn't understand why these two women who hated each other so much were constantly showing up at each other's home to talk! lol

 

My favorite though was one time when Esther told Katherine that Jill had just showed up at their house, and Kay said, "That's funny. I didn't hear her broom pull up."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2020 at 8:35 PM, Antoyne said:

Oh gosh I don’t know how I managed to forget this one. It started in the 70’s as well right Viki 

Viki & Dorian parallels Katherine & Jill in so many ways. Viki blames Dorian yet Viki killed Victor, Kay blames Jill when though Kay killed Phillip. Victor Lord & Phillip Chancellor both died around '75/'76, etc...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 7:09 PM, pdm1974 said:

Even as a kid watching it with my mom, I didn't understand why these two women who hated each other so much were constantly showing up at each other's home to talk! lol

 

My favorite though was one time when Esther told Katherine that Jill had just showed up at their house, and Kay said, "That's funny. I didn't hear her broom pull up."

 

This is funny. They didn’t need to make Jill/Kay mother and daughter to end their rivalry. Mac and Billy’s relationship  should have been used as the peacekeeper for these two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...