It’s a miracle: Characters who had gave late in life births

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Bill Hayes said Doug was written as being 29 years old in 1970 when he was given the first script and description of the character. He wore mod 70's fashions and touched up his gray when it needed it to appear more youthful. 

• Members

It would be realistic to say Kate had both Billie and Austin when she was underage/barely legal and then of course had Lucas in her 20’s. As for Vivian I’m not sure, it probably would have been more realistic for Vivian to dig up some Alamain related niece or something in league with her to act as surrogate since that was Ivan and Vivian’s guise for the embryo theft and say it was a mix of Victor and Vivian. After all that’s what happened years later with Belle/Shawn-D and Mimi/Phillip(whatever happened to Tyler aka “Pocket” Kiriakis  anyways? What shitty writing to say the DiMera feud got so bad they just him in foster care for safety. Really?!!?)

• Members

DA's Kate looked like Vivian's contemporary.   LK not so much.  Maybe it's the blue hair streak lol?  Kate looks about 5 years older than PM's Austin and LR's Billie.  I always thought it was weird Kate became Salem's welcome wagon for young men.   I always thought she and Victor or she and Roman would end up together.  I even liked her and John.  

Pocket just went away and it's stupid. At least let Patch and Kayla keep him like they initially wanted.  He's due for an SORAS comeback any day now.  Also Pocket as a nickname will never stop being hilarious.    

• Members

I was thinking of Joan Van Ark being over 40 when she filmed those episodes. I never took in account for Val's supposed age according to her backstory on Dallas, even though most of that was tossed out the window years later. 

Linda Evans was over 40 when she played Krystal giving birth to Krystina in 1984. John Forsythe was 66 as the proud AARP Dad.

• Members

You know, I'm okay with characters experiencing late-in-life pregnancies; it happens.  But, what I'm NOT okay with is these shows not exploring fully the ramifications of such events.  It's a perfect opportunity to be educational as well as entertaining, and they usually blow it.  The only two instances that I can think of where real and pertinent questions were raised happened on AMC, when Ruth Martin was pregnant with Joey; and on GL, when Holly gave birth to Meg, who was afflicted with Downs Syndrome.  And even on GL, they obviously didn't want to commit to Holly raising a "special needs" child, so they had Fletcher take off with the baby first chance he got.

• Members

Lauren Koslow always looked a solid 25 years younger than Louise Sorel (in reality they're 17 years apart) while Deborah Adair (only a year older than LK) looked like Vivian's slightly younger contemporary. A lot of that came down to early 1990s styling. You compare Lisa Rinna to Lauren Koslow and it becomes quite stark about the lack of age gap, same with Patrick Muldoon.  The recasts for Austin and Billie have always looked far more age appropriate for LK's youthful appearance.

• Members

For sure.  Deborah Adair was definitely styled in a matronly early 90's style that wasn't flattering.  I would never believe she's only one year older than LK.  The younger Billie/Austin recasts definitely helped even if they weren't as good.  AP and KA actually resembled LK's Kate as well. 

Aside from looks and aging I just thought Kate was John/Marlena's contemporary, where as Vivian was John's "aunt" so I just assumed she was older than the group by a lot.  But then Days ages have never made any sense so it could be a false assumption.