The Black Lives Matter Thread

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^ And where is the leadership on dealing with the actual problem at hand in Minnesota? Black people are being murdered by the police and his priority is looting, instead of addressing the underlying issue.  Sure, he can't control the police, that's a city and state issue, but POTUS could be a moral leader. I mean, not this POTUS obviously, but someone actually fit for the position. I should be used to the naked injustice coming from the very top of our government, but there are some days I'm still astounded that he is this bad and so many people are just going along with it.

• Members

Notice that he never threatened to bring in the national guard when white people stormed the Michigan state house? Also notice that when reports of black people rioting surface, you NEVER see people calling it "Fake news". I wonder why that is?

Yes, she's getting far too old for her tight sweaters and portruding nipples to sway Republican viewers. 

• Members

People truly are fed up. The deaths keep happening, over and over and over and over and all people did was criticize peaceful protesting because protesters 'took a knee' and it made some folks uncomfortable. Well, now a man has died after 'taking a knee' to his throat.

Trump is exactly the worst possible person to sit up in the White House in this type of combustible situation. The. Worst.

• Members

You have Bernie bros trying to give his "movement" credit for the protests, you have Trump riling up his base by saying protesters should be shot, you have longtime Trump supporter Van Jones going on cable news trying to divert people away from the matter by saying Hillary voters are the real racists - yet again the real issues are being ignored and everything is being spun in a way which will help Trump. It's sickening. 

I saw that some have identified the man who was smashing windows at the Autozone as a cop in plainclothes, but I don't think it's been confirmed yet so I didn't want to link to the tweets. 

• Members

As a Black man, I am EXHAUSTED with how our state and local governments continue to ignore the issues.  My fellow Black men and women stay getting murdered by law enforcement officers and/or mishandled by the (in)justice system, and hardly anyone gives a [!@#$%^&*].  They're all just hoping we'll die out (sooner, rather than later) so they can have their precious, all-white nation to themselves.

They were too busy enjoying their Confederate flag sheet cake at Jennifer's trailer. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

*HUGS*

I already said this was going to be a long day. And that was BEFORE the arrest of the black reporter who was just reporting, Trump's meltdown over Twitter censoring him, and that shooting at that one protest.

To think, today is my first day back at my main job and I really don't want to go out my door.

Just scared, tired, and angry. 

• Members

Well, it's about damn time social media did something to censor that man!  His quackpot ideas about handling the coronavirus were and are literally getting innocent people killed.  I'm just sorry we now live in a time when we have to regard our commander-in-chief the same way we would a troll on SON. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Which is why I don't exactly feel sorry for those who are hurting now because they have endorsed and/or continue to endorse Trump.  They knew damn well who and what he was when they voted for him; they just wanted to forget/ignore/erase President Ooga Booga.  I'm only sorry for the rest of us who have to suffer alongside them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't shake the feeling that officer in particular was making an "ironic" statement against Colin Kaepernick when he did that.  Like Mike Pompeo and his son posting their "pinky promise" on Twitter in response to Elizabeth Warren's campaign.

Edited by Khan