Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
JAS0N47

2020 Daytime Emmy Nominees Announced

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sheilaforever said:

I think that's not too shabby for a Friday night and a format that cost them basically nothing to produce

 

Agreed. CBS is probably delighted with those numbers. The show cost them nothing to produce and was "original programming" as Covid-19 numbers explode across America. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone missed it CBS reposted it (you're better off just going to YT and watching the clips you're interested in): https://www.cbs.com/shows/daytime-emmy-awards/video/mbjC49t4yecrTd0qV9XFDq4Xfv0BMTs6/the-47th-annual-daytime-emmy-awards/

 

This cracks me up. Eva La Rue's speech for guest performer is almost triple the length of the winners in major categories: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Everything was pretaped. Eve is in England and you could tell it was daylight. The acceptance speeches could've been done early that morning. The acceptance speeches were all of 30 seconds. It was a hot mess. 

 

Honestly, this was one of the better shows in recent memory.  Especially after the last time it was on broadcast TV and it was a salute to Vegas.  Each nominees taped an acceptance speech and they filmed the presenter announcing each possible winner and it was edited together with the correct winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does a show like Blue Bloods normally do?

 

Those number are not too shabby. We also have to take into consideration the fact that, despite the fact that some states have re-opened their bars and dining, much of the country still has a captive audience.  My question is-- do these numbers tell us anything about going forward in a post-pandemic time (God willing!🙏🏾)?

We know that soap fans are incredibly loyal.  If these numbers stack up to their top performing Friday night fare, CBS has got to be considering the possibility that future Daytime Emmys could make their way back to CBS. Or with the budget required of pre-pandemic/post-pandemic ceremony, with all the pomp and circumstance, mean that this is a one and done, 'in case of quarantine only' type of event?

Also, MTV ran a few of their old VMA ceremonies at the same time last night (both trended on Twitter at various times).  I wonder what numbers they did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hope is that if they are happy with these numbers, that when Y&R and B&B come back, they get primetime specials, like in the old days (but they'd better make it good!). It's the summer with all reruns and CBS could hype being the only network with all new scripted programming in primetime.  Do it two nights in a row, with an hour of Big Brother, an hour of recap, and an hour of the Y&R season premiere and the B&B double episode season premiere. That would encourage the writers and producers to step up their game and it would help promote the comebacks. I see that as win-win. 

 

 

Edited by BoldRestless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

What does a show like Blue Bloods normally do?

 

Those number are not too shabby. We also have to take into consideration the fact that, despite the fact that some states have re-opened their bars and dining, much of the country still has a captive audience.  My question is-- do these numbers tell us anything about going forward in a post-pandemic time (God willing!🙏🏾)?

We know that soap fans are incredibly loyal.  If these numbers stack up to their top performing Friday night fare, CBS has got to be considering the possibility that future Daytime Emmys could make their way back to CBS. Or with the budget required of pre-pandemic/post-pandemic ceremony, with all the pomp and circumstance, mean that this is a one and done, 'in case of quarantine only' type of event?

Also, MTV ran a few of their old VMA ceremonies at the same time last night (both trended on Twitter at various times).  I wonder what numbers they did?

Blue Bloods is usually in the 6's with around 8.5 mil viewers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Pathetic....that amounts to a 2.4 HH number and 130,000 viewers in demos. The 0.2 in demos is embarrassing.

Lol seriously, thats pretty good given it hasn't aired on a network in years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

In case anyone missed it CBS reposted it (you're better off just going to YT and watching the clips you're interested in): https://www.cbs.com/shows/daytime-emmy-awards/video/mbjC49t4yecrTd0qV9XFDq4Xfv0BMTs6/the-47th-annual-daytime-emmy-awards/

 

This cracks me up. Eva La Rue's speech for guest performer is almost triple the length of the winners in major categories: 

 

 

Eva La Rue's reaction on Instagram is priceless.  Congratulations to her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 0.3 demo rating and 3M viewers was much better than expected. When the ceremony was last carried in 2015,  only 900k viewers watched. 
 

I can’t see dumping on the audience size or on the show itself. Yes, it was largely pre-taped, but it was without glitches and treated the genre respectfully. Hopefully we get a show next year and we’re all through this virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tamron Hall wins for Informative Talk Show host.  Goodness, I don't know why they delayed this announcement and didn't include it in last month's show.  I feel like the Academy screwed something up and was trying to hide a mistake they made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2020 at 12:35 PM, BoldRestless said:

My hope is that if they are happy with these numbers, that when Y&R and B&B come back, they get primetime specials, like in the old days (but they'd better make it good!). It's the summer with all reruns and CBS could hype being the only network with all new scripted programming in primetime.  Do it two nights in a row, with an hour of Big Brother, an hour of recap, and an hour of the Y&R season premiere and the B&B double episode season premiere. That would encourage the writers and producers to step up their game and it would help promote the comebacks. I see that as win-win. 

 

 

 

CBS should really, really, make this happen. Promoting Y&R and B&B with Big Brother would be an incredibly wise decision and would give the soaps the boos they'll desperately need. 

 

23 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Tamron Hall wins for Informative Talk Show host.  Goodness, I don't know why they delayed this announcement and didn't include it in last month's show.  I feel like the Academy screwed something up and was trying to hide a mistake they made.

 

She so, so deserved the win. I agree that it seems like some kind of cover up was going on about an Academy mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DaytimeFan said:

She so, so deserved the win. I agree that it seems like some kind of cover up was going on about an Academy mistake.

 

TH got screwed by NBC so it's great to see her thriving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...