Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Minor Design Changes

Errol

As I'm sure many of you are aware, we've made some minor design changes to the message boards this past weekend. Essentially, we cleaned up clutter and made some tweaks to the layout.

• The sidebar now appears on the left, allowing the conversation to be more centered so that way when people visit pages and forums they aren't looking to their left or right.
  • Removed the sidebar on mobile -- an issue with the sidebar on the left is the sidebar is the first part shown of the board
  • The primetime forum has become more unified with Streaming and the Broadcast networks and some of their cable counterparts being combined. (NBC/Peacock, ABC/Disney+, CBS/CBS All Access, etc)
  • A few weeks ago we made new icons for the forums.

We hope some of these changes helps the user experience and continues supporting engagement.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

@Errol Not sure if this is the place to post this, but since the last update, there have been some visual things wrong with the board. Gaps of white space and even an unnecessary white bar at the bottom of the board. See examples below.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

^^

I thought it was only me who had those problems.  

Another thing, which in itself is not really a big deal, is that I'm no longer listed at the bottom of the page I'm viewing like before under the "Recently Browsing" header.

• Members
13 minutes ago, I Am A Swede said:

Another thing, which in itself is not really a big deal, is that I'm no longer listed at the bottom of the page I'm viewing like before under the "Recently Browsing" header.

I don't have that, either. So we're both in the same boat. I have a feeling it's a board-wide thing.

16 hours ago, Liberty City said:

I don't have that, either. So we're both in the same boat. I have a feeling it's a board-wide thing.

17 hours ago, I Am A Swede said:

^^

I thought it was only me who had those problems.  

I believe this particular issue is a feature of the new software. It truly hides your activity even from yourself in terms of your deciding to log in anonymously.

12 hours ago, slick jones said:

If you use an ad-blocker, @beebs told me you can get rid of the white space at the bottom of the screen by blocking the element.  PM me if you aren't sure how to do it.  The white space doesn't allow you to show a new message while you are already  reading  the page.  It worked for me.

Please do not promote blocking advertisements shown on this message board. That is the only method in which this message board is supported. If people choose to block ads this service will cease to exist, and after nearly 20 years of running this community alongside @Toups that would be heartbreaking.

I've personally spent hours of my time and years of my life trying to maintain this place without any help whatsoever in the upkeep, not to mention writing articles, interviewing actors, flying across the country, etc just to maintain this place because in order to keep the conversations going money has to be made to pay for everything.

In fact, unlike other websites people visit, I have done my best to keep advertising at a minimum as much as possible and as unobtrusive as possible. Blocking ads helps no one. Believe me. It doesn't.