Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, VanessaReardon said:

JFP got OLTL to #1 in the women 18-49 demos. That was big. 

Completely forgot about that--and can't remember what the focus was at the time.  She was given by ABC a primetime episode...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Forever8 said:

She also fired Laura Bonarrigo on Maternity Leave.

 

Can you say Lawsuit? 

 

20 hours ago, VanessaReardon said:

How did that lawsuit turn out? 

And then in summer 1999 she was originally gonna have Robin Christopher take over as Cassie. Thank god someone talked her out of that. I liked the ise of Skye on The ABC soaps from 1999-2012

 

 

JFP made some dumb ass choices at OLTL

Replaced Kevin Stapleton with Tim Gibbs

Fired Don Jeffcoat (Joey)

Fired Stephen Markle (Mel)

Forced Robin Strasser out

Tried to replace Erin Torpey with that Temp  Jessica. ES stopped that

Fired Sam Ball (Drew)

i know im missing somme

Edited by John
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hated JFP on Y&R but her run could have been different with a mandate to keep the music cues and sets intact. She suffered no fools among the cast there.

 

I loved her OLTL. It was my first exposure to that show. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EricMontreal22 said:

Completely forgot about that--and can't remember what the focus was at the time.  She was given by ABC a primetime episode...

 

I always heard that was due to preemptions during the day. When did that episode air? I want to say July/August.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Darn said:

 

I always heard that was due to preemptions during the day. When did that episode air? I want to say July/August.

 

I think it was late June of 1998. GH also aired an episode in primetime on June 15th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, amybrickwallace said:

 

I think it was late June of 1998. GH also aired an episode in primetime on June 15th.

 

Thank you. I believe the OLTL episode was the culmination of the Georgie Phillips murder (Todd was holding everyone hostage with a fake bomb), was GH's episode the culmination of a big story too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Darn said:

 

Thank you. I believe the OLTL episode was the culmination of the Georgie Phillips murder (Todd was holding everyone hostage with a fake bomb), was GH's episode the culmination of a big story too?

 

I think it was a normal episode.

 

I remember Marlena de la Croix complaining about how the OLTL lens looked like it had been dipped in Vaseline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darn said:

I believe the OLTL episode was the culmination of the Georgie Phillips murder (Todd was holding everyone hostage with a fake bomb)

 

Yup.  Pamela K. Long, Richard Backus and Gordon Rayfield were listed as the sole writers on that episode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

Yup.  Pamela K. Long, Richard Backus and Gordon Rayfield were listed as the sole writers on that episode.

 

It was very exciting for my teenage self (soaps in primetime??!) at the time but it was a mess of a story. Did the show even address Rachel being a murderer? I just rewatched Rachel's confession and this was not self-defense, she straight up bludgeoned her with a bat. I know it was due to trauma from Georgie beating her up earlier but...damn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darn said:

 

It was very exciting for my teenage self (soaps in primetime??!) at the time but it was a mess of a story. Did the show even address Rachel being a murderer? I just rewatched Rachel's confession and this was not self-defense, she straight up bludgeoned her with a bat. I know it was due to trauma from Georgie beating her up earlier but...damn.

 

Rachel was packed off to prison not long after this (Nora tried to go on the run with her but I think Bo stopped them). A few years later, Rachel briefly returned with Ellen Bethea back in the role, but that was mostly watching over Nora after she lost her memory. I don't remember it being mentioned very much with the last recast. 

Edited by DRW50
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.