Darn

Highest Rated Episodes/Weeks of Each Show?

19 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

Thanks for sharing that! I remember reading before that AMC and OLTL both hit #1 in 1987 for various reasons (A rape

story involving at AMC if I recall right)

AMC hit #1 again for a week in late 1987 - I believe in either November or December.

I’m fairly certain this was the week the verdict was read in Ross Chandler’s trial for the rape of Natalie.

18 hours ago, GLATWT88 said:

But to answer your question an 8.1 HH rating in 1988 for Days would almost certainly equal more viewers than a 9 it scored in say 1978. 

Thanks for those HH vs. total viewer comparisons.  Comparing Nielsen ratings by decade is like comparing the cost of living over the years without factoring in inflation. :)

There is NO evidence out there to back up the claim that Steve & Betsy’s wedding on ATWT got 20 million viewers. The show wasn’t even #1 that week! 
Take heart. By now, that wedding has had more than 20 million viewers via youtube, etc. They just didn’t have 20 million viewers the week that it aired. 

22 hours ago, VanessaReardon said:

There is NO evidence out there to back up the claim that Steve & Betsy’s wedding on ATWT got 20 million viewers. The show wasn’t even #1 that week! 
Take heart. By now, that wedding has had more than 20 million viewers via youtube, etc. They just didn’t have 20 million viewers the week that it aired. 

I’ve shared before how I was always skeptical regarding that claim.

This is my ratings archive page, if you have yet to see it, for anyone interested!

The household ratings for pretty much every week from 1989 covering through when SON started listing them on a complete basis.

I scanned in every Soap Weekly chart a few years back and posted them.

http://www.jason47.com/days/nielsensweekly.html

Edited by JAS0N47

2 hours ago, JAS0N47 said:

This is my ratings archive page, if you have yet to see it, for anyone interested!

The household ratings for pretty much every week from 1989 covering through when SON started listing them on a complete basis.

I scanned in every Soap Weekly chart a few years back and posted them.

http://www.jason47.com/days/nielsensweekly.html

That's amazing! Thank you :)