Sign in to follow this  
DynamiteKiddo

Days: Actress Exits

On 5/9/2020 at 2:55 PM, Errol said:

Sounds about right. Honestly, while I do want the shows to go back into production as soon as possible and no one to go without any money for as long as we can prevent it, I want that DAYS schedule shot to hell as soon as they get back. The later the better for that purpose alone. Yes, it is benefiting the show during a pandemic, but come on. Eight months? Really? WOW. Only a movie should get away with that type of lead. Not a daytime soap, much less any show on television. Exception being animated, of course.

Well given how the zombie apocalypse is going, by the time DAYS come back, it should cut down on the leave off time...so to speak. Instead of 8 months ahead of airing, they will be...3?

21 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

Well given how the zombie apocalypse is going, by the time DAYS come back, it should cut down on the leave off time...so to speak. Instead of 8 months ahead of airing, they will be...3?

Ironically, real-life is now imitating reel-life. Who knew that would ever happen?

If "B&B" is successful in resuming production in June, I expect "DAYS," "GH" and "Y&R" to follow as well. Depending on said date, "DAYS could be anywhere between four and five months ahead. Better, but still ridiculous. Ideally, 2-3 months ahead wouldn't be out of the question.

15 minutes ago, Errol said:

Ironically, real-life is now imitating reel-life. Who knew that would ever happen?

If "B&B" is successful in resuming production in June, I expect "DAYS," "GH" and "Y&R" to follow as well. Depending on said date, "DAYS could be anywhere between four and five months ahead. Better, but still ridiculous. Ideally, 2-3 months ahead wouldn't be out of the question.

Ewwww...

Call me crazy, but I think they'd work extra hard to return that gap to what it was. :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, YRBB said:

Call me crazy, but I think they'd work extra hard to return that gap to what it was. :rolleyes:

You're not crazy. I, sadly, think the same.

19 minutes ago, YRBB said:

They absolutely would unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Errol said:

You're not crazy. I, sadly, think the same.

2 hours ago, Antoyne said:

They absolutely would unfortunately.

Glad I'm not alone. Instead of just taking advantage of the opportunity! 

On 5/16/2020 at 3:10 PM, YRBB said:

You're right - It'll happen just because of they shoot so many episodes per week and they probably won't have as many dark weeks because the 'dark' months will have more than covered those. I'm sure they've already stocked up the scripts. Sadly, I bet they aren't trying to rewrite the unfilmed scripts in order to take advantage of the audience feedback based on what's aired. 

On 5/24/2020 at 3:37 AM, edgeofnik said:

You're right - It'll happen just because of they shoot so many episodes per week and they probably won't have as many dark weeks because the 'dark' months will have more than covered those. I'm sure they've already stocked up the scripts. Sadly, I bet they aren't trying to rewrite the unfilmed scripts in order to take advantage of the audience feedback based on what's aired. 

That's the thing. They don't even need to work "hard" to build up a gap since they produced around eight episodes per week on average. Within two weeks of production they're already over a week ahead.

When they first started with this model to cut costs the point wasn't to get ahead either, it just sort of gradually happened. For them not to get a few months ahead they'd basically need to more "dark" weeks per year and that's just not going to happen for various reasons.

On 5/9/2020 at 2:55 PM, Errol said:

Sounds about right. Honestly, while I do want the shows to go back into production as soon as possible and no one to go without any money for as long as we can prevent it, I want that DAYS schedule shot to hell as soon as they get back. The later the better for that purpose alone. Yes, it is benefiting the show during a pandemic, but come on. Eight months? Really? WOW. Only a movie should get away with that type of lead. Not a daytime soap, much less any show on television. Exception being animated, of course.

considering the dires straits we're in rn, they're probably gonna fk any plans they had on shortening the shoot-ahead-schedule, and the remaining shows are gonna start doing what DAYS does as a precaution. LOL

On 5/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, YRBB said:

Crazy. 😜 But I believe you as well. Could be such an advantage.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:23 AM, dio said:

considering the dires straits we're in rn, they're probably gonna fk any plans they had on shortening the shoot-ahead-schedule, and the remaining shows are gonna start doing what DAYS does as a precaution. LOL

Which would be great for SOME of those shows. 

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 9:37 PM, edgeofnik said:

Ron said they stopped writing as of New Year's Eve, which is Episode # 14000. They were around the 13950-13955 time frame when production shut down. So they have around 45+ scripts waiting to be taped. As of now, Days is coming close to just being 4 months ahead. They seem to be moving up the 13 sports preemption episodes, so that cuts an extra 3 weeks off of how far ahead they were and moved the last episode taped from airing around October 20ish to October 1ish. It's already moved Freddie Smith and Chandler Massey's last episode up from September 18 to August 31. Unless NBC finally decides to throw in some repeats.

On 5/31/2020 at 1:49 PM, JAS0N47 said:

Ron said they stopped writing as of New Year's Eve, which is Episode # 14000. They were around the 13950-13955 time frame when production shut down. So they have around 45+ scripts waiting to be taped. As of now, Days is coming close to just being 4 months ahead. They seem to be moving up the 13 sports preemption episodes, so that cuts an extra 3 weeks off of how far ahead they were and moved the last episode taped from airing around October 20ish to October 1ish. It's already moved Freddie Smith and Chandler Massey's last episode up from September 18 to August 31. Unless NBC finally decides to throw in some repeats.

Interesting. If they don't put in pre-emptions, DAYS will have to restructure those 45 scripts because of Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas and NY's. DAYS pretty much covers those holidays in some manner. I'm sure it won't be that hard to do, but I don't think we want to see Xmas the first week in December and NYE before Xmas! 

On 5/10/2020 at 12:22 PM, Antoyne said:

Oh wow, I finally grew to like her as Kristen especially when she was sane. I’d still love Eileen to come back though.

Yeah that's how I feel. I feel like this is Stacy's role now but who knows?

On 5/31/2020 at 3:49 PM, JAS0N47 said:

Oh wow. Interesting. Thanks for the update Jason!