Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
victoria foxton

Couples that should've been. But never were.

Recommended Posts

Probably unpopular but I always wanted a Jason and Brenda fling on GH.  Not forever love, but I think it would have shaken up a lot of things.  Also better than the mess that was Jason and Courtney.

I second the Jax/Alexis thing.  I thought they were 100% going there in the early 2000's but then they just didn't

I always thought Days should have paired Chad/Will too.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Okay, I'm going a little bit rogue but hear me out-

 

Lily Winters and Tyler Michaelson.  Lily and Cane had long run their course and the audience needed reminding that Lily was still "Young" and not an old housewife but TPTB let the lunatic fanbase run the show into the ground.

 

Ana Hamilton and well, anybody!  The fact that this gorgeous young lady never had a hint of a romance on a soap opera??!  That's nuts!

Lily became an old woman way before her time too. It seemed the Lane fans couldn't understand that soap operas aren't only about couples but character and story too. 

 

 

The only function Ana had was being Devon's assistant and conspirator with Nate when it came to him moving on with his life after Hilary and their baby's death. I thought Loren Lott and Zach Tinker had chemistry and Fen and Ana could've been a slow burn. Imagine her helping him with his addiction and being reminded of her being a child of an addict. Or she could've been paired with Mark Taylor's character who was a cop. So much potential wasted all because TPTB didn't know what to do with her. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Forever8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GH - Ryan Chamberlin and Felicia. At the very beginning, she had amnesia and they were starting a romance.Turns out, he was actually an obsessive killer. But they had more chemistry than her and Mac ever had and I wish they hadn't taken Ryan down the route they did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Days’s Will and the first Chad lol I remember they were very popular on this board and the story seemed to suggest they were bound to eventually sleep with each other at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My couples are characters that are a bit past their prime and need to stop chasing partners that want to change them and start investing in relationships with people who share similar values.

 

Y&R - Jill Foster and Jack Abbott -  I know they had a brief affair,  but I have always thought that Jack and Jill were destined to be together.  Heck, even their names have literary relevance.  They both had issues with abandoned mothers and long-lost sons.  They both felt as if they were their parent's second (or third) favorite child, so they were both willing to be the third wheel in a love triangle (please excuse the mixed metaphor).   I think it is time that both characters stop trying to make it work with people who don't prioritize them and seek out solace in each other's arms.

 

AW - Cass Winthrop and Donna Love - another couple of a "certain age", who needed to finally find a partner who accepted them for who they were.  Cass's wives always wanted him to settle down and establish a career.  Donna's husbands always tried to temper her impulsive desires and need to control her family.  Together they could have eaten caviar for breakfast, stopped working so hard, and use their snobbery for good by criticizing Rachel for never redecorating the Cory mansion.  

 

DAYS - Hope Williams and Shane Donovan - Hope was never meant for a small town police force like the Salem PD; she's ISA all the way.   The Bradys made her stay by the fish market and live in Marlena's hand-me-down house, but Hope was a rich brat in her teen years and she would not have settled for her current life.  With Eve and Theresa out of town,  Shane and Hope are also more age appropriate for each other.  Shane brings a European flare that would appeal to the Princess Gina inside of her.  Also, given the failings of the local cops to solve the most obvious crimes in Salem, Hope could use the resources of the ISA to finally crack a case.

 

Finally, if we are going for gay fan-fic, then I would nominate Adam Newman and Michael Baldwin.  They both have a history of violence toward women that could be easily analyzed as a displacement of their anger over unfulfilled desires for the same sex.  Adam has always obsessed over his partners, which is the kind of attention that Michael wants in a relationship.  They could both share a wardrobe, which any gay man will tell you is one of the benefits of an all male household.  And, Adam's forgotten-almost-blindness would allow Michael to stop injecting fillers in his face.  

Edited by j swift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Forever8 said:

Mallet and Mindy - (Guiding Light)  Mark Derwin and Kimberly Simms had sizzling chemistry together. And it seemed for awhile they were going in that direction with Mallet being Mindy's confidant. However, they brought in Harley/Nick and well you know the rest of that story. 

 

 

 

 

 

I always thought that was a Pam Long idea because once she left the show...it seemed as if they stayed friends.  I liked them together as well.

 

Lucinda and Cal ATWT...they had a fling..but he picked Lila..and the show never ever revisited them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a period of time when I thought GH would maybe pair Luke and Alexis, at least for a tryst.  I also thought Alexis and Jax should have been given a shot.  But I also like V, and wanted her to get with Jax as well.

 

I also thought Laura had chemistry with Mac (after the Felicia affair), Tony, and Sonny.

 

What was up with Maureen and Roger on GL?  If they had not been forced to kill her off, I wonder if the show would have gone there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if Roger and Maureen would have been anything sustainable. Nancy Curlee said she had hoped to develop a deeper relationship between them, but wasn't sure if it had to be anything romantic/sexual. In a way, Maureen worked as that one character who Roget felt he could be the best version of himself around and the one character that that could see his more human qualities. That made Roger's devastated reaction to her death very impactful (and of course, Holly saw that as Roger being self-serving and trying to make it all about him, but he was obviously hurt). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, j swift said:

My couples are characters that are a bit past their prime and need to stop chasing partners that want to change them and start investing in relationships with people who share similar values.

 

Y&R - Jill Foster and Jack Abbott -  I know they had a brief affair,  but I have always thought that Jack and Jill were destined to be together.  Heck, even their names have literary relevance.  They both had issues with abandoned mothers and long-lost sons.  They both felt as if they were their parent's second (or third) favorite child, so they were both willing to be the third wheel in a love triangle (please excuse the mixed metaphor).   I think it is time that both characters stop trying to make it work with people who don't prioritize them and seek out solace in each other's arms.

 

AW - Cass Winthrop and Donna Love - another couple of a "certain age", who needed to finally find a partner who accepted them for who they were.  Cass's wives always wanted him to settle down and establish a career.  Donna's husbands always tried to temper her impulsive desires and need to control her family.  Together they could have eaten caviar for breakfast, stopped working so hard, and use their snobbery for good by criticizing Rachel for never redecorating the Cory mansion.  

 

LOL funny about these two pairings when they both were close to becoming a reality at one point in the late '90s again. 

 

Y&R's Jack and Jill had been relegated to the sidelines and single life by the end of 1997 I guess that's we got to the point that Jill just casually asked Jack for casual sex, much to Jack's astonishment in regards to their history. I don't remember if they ended up actually sleeping together around that time or not just by watching the show and reading the opinion pieces I seriously thought Jack and Jill were indeed going to get paired up again. 

 

 

AW's Cass and Donna were so teased in late 1997/early 1998 as well before sending them in complete opposite directions. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, titan1978 said:

There was a period of time when I thought GH would maybe pair Luke and Alexis, at least for a tryst.  I also thought Alexis and Jax should have been given a shot.  But I also like V, and wanted her to get with Jax as well.

 

I also thought Laura had chemistry with Mac (after the Felicia affair), Tony, and Sonny.

 

What was up with Maureen and Roger on GL?  If they had not been forced to kill her off, I wonder if the show would have gone there.

 

Yeah, it definitely seemed like Luke and Alexis were going to hook up for awhile.  I am always curious why Jax and V were dropped completely.  Probably BTS stuff but V seems like a character everyone liked and would have been a solid post-Brenda pairing for him.  

I also thought Genie and Maurice had a lot of chemistry lol.  Genie is a real chemistry magnet. Even though I thought Diana was a dud of a character on Days-she was really good with Drake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 7:29 AM, MichaelGL said:

GL: Danny and Cassie, with Cassie returning back to the character she was when she first came to Springfield, not some saintly Mary-Sue. I think this pairing should've been given much more of a chance by the show.

Alan-Michael and GT's Dinah during the Ellen Wheeler era. Instead they paired A-M with MARINA of all people.

Remy Bodreaux and Marina would've made a good coupe in my opinion.

 

I came here to post this: Danny & Cassie, GL

 

In more recent years, I'd say B&B's Carter & Steffy, or Carter & Brooke.  Such a waste of opportunities with LSV. 

 

On DAYS, as the show *loves* to recycle actors in new roles, I think Kristian Alfonso had great chemistry with Mark Valley's version of Jack. If Mark Valley's primetime gigs start drying up, he could return to Salem as a new character and finally give Hope a worthwhile romantic lead again. 

 

Edited by Gray Bunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bold and Beautiful 

Steffy & Carter 

Nicole & Wyatt

Liam & Sasha (During that time when Steffy was involved with Wyatt. The two should've became an "item" to make Steffy/Zende jealous but ended up falling for one another for real. And having Bill not wanting his son to be involved with this girl who he perceives as a gold digger. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Bold and Beautiful 

Steffy & Carter 

Nicole & Wyatt

Liam & Sasha (During that time when Steffy was involved with Wyatt. The two should've became an "item" to make Steffy/Zende jealous but ended up falling for one another for real. And having Bill not wanting his son to be involved with this girl who he perceives as a gold digger. 

 

 

 

 

Sasha and Thomas were teased as a potential couple..but she was dropped.

 

I also liked Nicole with Oliver in the scenes they shared..plus she and Wyatt were also good together.

 

Steffy and Carter should have happened..even the actress thought it would be a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Days - 

Kate Roberts (Deborah Adair) and Jack Deveraux (Matthew Ashford): those two had a chemistry and it seem they were heading there but stopped. 
 

Nicole & Roman: they flirted a bit and she apparently went to bed with him before leaving town a few years ago. 
 

Kayla & Stefan (Tyler Christopher) - just for the hell of it

 

Kayla & Marcus - they would have been much better than that Kayla/Shane story. 
 

Hope & Eric - it seem they were testing it during that Prison escape storyline. 
 

Abe & Maggie

 

Roman (Drake) & The original Lexie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...