Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

B&B to air classic episodes


BoldRestless

Recommended Posts

  • Members

I could do without the episode with Ridge returning. That's not really a classic Brooke episode at all.

 

I have to question the logic of the timing of some of these. I'm super happy to get two 1991 episodes so I don't want to complain, but it doesn't make sense airing the wedding one week and then the episode that follows two weeks later. 

 

They also managed to show the 3/21/17 episode with Liam and Steffy today, the 3/22/17 episode back on May 5, and the 3/23/17 episode was the first classic they showed all the way back on April 3.  There's no continuity whatsoever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
On 5/14/2020 at 11:42 AM, YRBB said:

Yes, that's better. But only two episodes pre-2003. Ugh.

Brooke is an original character *and* actor.  So it makes no sense to me to not show at least ONE 80s episode.  Y&R has been better with the episodes they pick but I felt the same way about the Katherine week--couldn't they have shown a couple of 70s episodes?  Something from the 80s?  I get that they want to feature characters and actors still familiar to new watchers--but these are cases where they can do just that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
23 minutes ago, EricMontreal22 said:

Brooke is an original character *and* actor.  So it makes no sense to me to not show at least ONE 80s episode.  Y&R has been better with the episodes they pick but I felt the same way about the Katherine week--couldn't they have shown a couple of 70s episodes?  Something from the 80s?  I get that they want to feature characters and actors still familiar to new watchers--but these are cases where they can do just that...

I absolutely agree with you, but I think it's a matter of not wanting to alienate certain viewers by going too far back especially since the visual aesthetic can look "old" to younger viewers. BB has been awful with their classics selections, which is odd since it is the youngest soap still on it might have the easiest time going into the archives. It already has its first 25 episodes up for streaming. Honestly, I thought it was great that we were getting throwbacks and classics until I saw on social media some people asking about new episodes, being irrationally upset and not understanding why there's no new episodes. It's like are you an idiot or have you not read or watched the news. It's not like they did it on purpose or that they need to serve you and record new material because you bitch about it. One person keeps posting vomit emojis everytime there was some post of a classic episode...my favorite part was when asked what episodes they would like to see a majority of posters mentioned Steffy and Liam's love story to which I had to roll my eyes. It's like you just saw those episodes 2 seconds ago, you want to see them again already? I've always been really into older tv even as a kid, so the idea of getting classics excited me and when they show older episodes such as the 80s and 90s, I get really excited but I'm starting to realize that for many this isn't as exciting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, EricMontreal22 said:

Brooke is an original character *and* actor.  So it makes no sense to me to not show at least ONE 80s episode.  Y&R has been better with the episodes they pick but I felt the same way about the Katherine week--couldn't they have shown a couple of 70s episodes?  Something from the 80s?  I get that they want to feature characters and actors still familiar to new watchers--but these are cases where they can do just that...

 

Indeed. Especially B&B reeks of that. Y&R has done a little better with it, but that's thanks to Victor/Nikki. I suppose in Katherine's case, showcasing her double role is too much of a draw. But they could so easily do two 70s episodes in a row for one day. I imagine they think if someone tunes in and recognizes only Katherine, they won't stick around or be too confused... and sadly, there are those viewers. I guess we should count ourselves extremely lucky we're even getting things like "Katherine the Great" or "The Winters Family." That's a bit of a miracle in and of itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, EricMontreal22 said:

Brooke is an original character *and* actor.  So it makes no sense to me to not show at least ONE 80s episode.  Y&R has been better with the episodes they pick but I felt the same way about the Katherine week--couldn't they have shown a couple of 70s episodes?  Something from the 80s?  I get that they want to feature characters and actors still familiar to new watchers--but these are cases where they can do just that...

I could have sworn they’d show Brooke&Ridges first meeting when Miss Logan was serving as caterer with her mom at a party at the Forrester Mansion. Back when Ronn Moss was still

playing they always used this moment for flashbacks. It would have made perfect sense for such a throwback week. As you guys mentioned, it’s bizarre that Y&Rs choices are soooo amazing compared to B&Bs - considering that Brooke and Eric (plus a lot of recast Logan’s and Forresters) are still part of today’s fabric and have been with the show since March 33, 1987!?


thanks to the uploads floating around the internet I don’t care much about those B&B anyways because only the closing credits will be “new” to me, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, sheilaforever said:

I could have sworn they’d show Brooke&Ridges first meeting when Miss Logan was serving as caterer with her mom at a party at the Forrester Mansion. Back when Ronn Moss was still

playing they always used this moment for flashbacks. It would have made perfect sense for such a throwback week. As you guys mentioned, it’s bizarre that Y&Rs choices are soooo amazing compared to B&Bs - considering that Brooke and Eric (plus a lot of recast Logan’s and Forresters) are still part of today’s fabric and have been with the show since March 33, 1987!?


thanks to the uploads floating around the internet I don’t care much about those B&B anyways because only the closing credits will be “new” to me, though. 

 

"B&B" is showing the 5,000th episode during Brooke week. That episode literally has those scenes in there. Probably why they chose it. Serves multiple talking points many of you have.

Wednesday, May 20: It’s the special 5000th episode of “B&B.” Watch as Brooke waits outside the Forresters’ Big Bear cabin for Ridge, reluctant to go in by herself given her history with Stephanie. Once inside, a temporary truce is called and the four original “B&B” characters, Brooke, Ridge, Eric and Stephanie, share memories of their personal and professional ups and downs through the years, including the first time Brooke met the Forresters in 1987. (OAD: February 16, 2007)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
50 minutes ago, Errol said:

 

"B&B" is showing the 5,000th episode during Brooke week. That episode literally has those scenes in there. Probably why they chose it. Serves multiple talking points many of you have.

Wednesday, May 20: It’s the special 5000th episode of “B&B.” Watch as Brooke waits outside the Forresters’ Big Bear cabin for Ridge, reluctant to go in by herself given her history with Stephanie. Once inside, a temporary truce is called and the four original “B&B” characters, Brooke, Ridge, Eric and Stephanie, share memories of their personal and professional ups and downs through the years, including the first time Brooke met the Forresters in 1987. (OAD: February 16, 2007)

 

Thanks Errol. I know - saw it in the preview clip. Still, why show a clip show when you can show the actual episode instead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

This week's B&B line up is the most decent so far in terms of episodes pre at least Stephanie's death. But as someone said more pre 2003 would be ideal. If we want to stretch it at least up to 2006/7ish.

 

I know 2002 was the last great year according to many , but exactly when did the show become utterly unwatchable ? When did all this Liam/Hope/Steffy trash envelop the show?

Edited by ironlion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
29 minutes ago, ironlion said:

I know 2002 was the last great year according to many , but exactly when did the show become utterly unwatchable ? When did all this Liam/Hope/Steffy trash envelop the show?

 

I think by 2003 they adopted this telenovela format where stories would last 3 to 6 months tops and have no long-term effect... Then by 2005 or so it became the Nick and Jackie Marone show, with lots of unrelatable characters. It's had its moments since - months where the show picked up momentum, like in 2014 or 2015 - but it would never last...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
56 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

OMG filthy.  

 

Thorsten didn’t bother to dry his hair for his intro/outro, I see.

  I was also thinking the same thing. I was like is that the look he was going for or did he just not bother 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy