Jump to content


Marco Dane

GH to air "classic" episodes

Recommended Posts

This is almost satire. They have to know that a large portion of lapsed viewers associate the show’s downfall with the rise of Sonny so they’re just spitting in our face because they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if the show has saved any of the episodes from the 60s to the mid-70s? Has ABC always owned GH? It would be great to see the early days of Dr. Steve, Nurse Jessie, Audrey and her sister Lucille, Lee Baldwin, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonny and Carly aside, it was great to see a pre Frank episode yesterday 

 

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

Do we know if the show has saved any of the episodes from the 60s to the mid-70s? Has ABC always owned GH? It would be great to see the early days of Dr. Steve, Nurse Jessie, Audrey and her sister Lucille, Lee Baldwin, etc...

From what I’ve heard, most episodes from the first seven years are archived, but the early to mid 70s is really spotty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had so much from the 50th on Soapnet.  If they are going to do best of Sonny actually do the best of Sonny which was obviously pre-2000.  They dug good episodes out for Brenda's return too.  I am not sure what the issue is.  I get they have these pre-packaged sets already that they released on ABC.com, but at some point they are going to have to seek some older episodes I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GLATWT88 said:

I keep hearing about this Metro Court crisis on here. Was it really that good? 

Yes. Though it led to Alan’s death, which was the biggest mistake GH ever made, the story itself was great. You’d never see a storyline like it on GH nowadays. The whole crisis is posted on YouTube 

Edited by AbcNbc247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AbcNbc247 said:

Yes. Though it led to Alan’s death, which was the biggest mistake GH ever made, the story itself was great. You’d never see something like it on GH nowadays. The whole crisis is posted on YouTube 

I'll definitely check it out. I've heard it mentioned so often on here that I wasn't sure if it was being overblown or not. I haven't really watched GH since 2006, but I see the Metro Court stuff happened shortly after I stopped watching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GLATWT88 said:

I keep hearing about this Metro Court crisis on here. Was it really that good? 

 

THAT good!  One of the best Daytime events ever and I've been watching soaps for 41 years!  

14 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Yes. Though it led to Alan’s death, which was the biggest mistake GH ever made, the story itself was great. You’d never see a storyline like it on GH nowadays. The whole crisis is posted on YouTube 

 

 

So unnecessary to kill Alan.  Unforgivable!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GLATWT88 said:

I keep hearing about this Metro Court crisis on here. Was it really that good? 

As stated by others- it was a near perfect sweeps event.  They crisis itself just happened- no backstory needed.  While it was exciting, they actually took the time to explore the relationships of the characters during the event.

 

The sad part is that they chose to kill off Alan Quartermaine.  Which was heartbreaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

As stated by others- it was a near perfect sweeps event.  They crisis itself just happened- no backstory needed.  While it was exciting, they actually took the time to explore the relationships of the characters during the event.

 

The sad part is that they chose to kill off Alan Quartermaine.  Which was heartbreaking.

I just looked at the ratings and GH did really well that sweeps period. It even had 2 weeks above 4 million viewers and big increases from the year before. Actually, most of the soaps were doing really well in those last weeks of Jan. and early Feb. 2007. GL was also doing well in comparison. Too bad I can't remember what was going on :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if that was the last time all the soaps had gains like these for sweeps, until the resurgence in late 2012-2013 when they were all hitting numbers they hadn’t seen since the mid 2000’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the most part, these GH classic episodes are duds.

 

i find myself playing the “Look at how short his hair is” and “God, she’s gained a lot of weight since then,” and “Gee, he had big bags under his eyes even then.” 
 

The Nurses Ball eps were fun for a couple days, then...just no. How many Wally Kurth songs can one sit through? Those singing kids were pretty awful. Oh, and that Maura West solo S&M performance was just flat out embarrassing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

For the most part, these GH classic episodes are duds.

 

i find myself playing the “Look at how short his hair is” and “God, she’s gained a lot of weight since then,” and “Gee, he had big bags under his eyes even then.” 
 

The Nurses Ball eps were fun for a couple days, then...just no. How many Wally Kurth songs can one sit through? Those singing kids were pretty awful. Oh, and that Maura West solo S&M performance was just flat out embarrassing.

 

Aint sh!t classic about Frank's GH!  I will watch a few eppies of this week on Hulu since they went back to the Metro Court stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...