Soapsuds

Y&R to air classic episodes

12 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Next week shows (so far):

#3492 - Dec 4, 1986

#4861 - May 15, 1992

#7863 - April 16, 2004

Thanks for sharing!

I wonder what the 1986 ep is. The 1992 episode is the infamous Sheila & Lauren farmhouse fire episode. I know the 2004 ep is when Nikki and Sharon went into the sewers looking for Cameron’s body that Larry told them he dumped down there. 😁

Edited by soapfan770

17 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

Thanks for sharing!

I wonder what the 1986 ep is. The 1992 episode is the infamous Sheila & Lauren farmhouse fire episode. I know the 2004 ep is when Nikki and Sharon went into the sewers looking for Cameron’s body that Larry told them he dumped down there. 😁

YES! The farmhouse episode. And Sharon/Nikki in the sewers is fun.

I can't believe the people who are attempting to cater to every era of fan also produce the dreck we see everyday!

5 hours ago, StepBack said:

I miss Tonya Lee Williams, she had such a natural and grounded presence on the show

I had never seen Olivia before the classics began airing and after seeing how integral she was for so many years, it makes no sense she hasn’t been on the canvas.

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

Next week shows (so far):

#3492 - Dec 4, 1986

#4861 - May 15, 1992

#7863 - April 16, 2004

They keep blessing us with 2004 episodes, which was a good year, but still no glimpse of Joan Van Ark’s superior Gloria! I’m hoping to at least fine one of her episodes somehow. 

28 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

I had never seen Olivia before the classics began airing and after seeing how integral she was for so many years, it makes no sense she hasn’t been on the canvas.

She begged for a storyline for years before she left. They used her a bit for Malcolm’s return both with Shemar and Darius in the role. She also interacted with Sofia and Lily over their medical issues, but I think after MAB we never saw her again. From what Victoria Rowell has said, she has a successful film festival and is more involved behind the scenes. I remember when they brought her to B&B and made Justin Barber Dru and Liv’s cousin she tried to parlay that into a regular role but they never used her beyond the guest spot at his wedding to Donna. It’s a shame too because she was great on that show as well. 

IMDB's summary of the 12/4/1986 episode: "Jack decides to move back into the family mansion. Brad confides in Traci that Jack issued threats at him. Julia pays Ashley a surprise visit. Ashley's behavior deeply concerns Julia. Paul is having lunch with the mayor when several women recognize the latest centerfold model of "Contemporary Woman". Lauren is still hoping that the whole fiasco will blow over, as Mary confronts an unsuspecting Paul with his nude shots."

I believe I've seen this one online.

26 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Lauren's not in the Soap Central recap for April 16, 2004. Maybe "shocking moments"?

That might be it! :D although misleading as the first two are very Lauren related.

1 hour ago, YRfan23 said:

That might be it! :D although misleading as the first two are very Lauren related.

1 hour ago, BoldRestless said:

Lauren's not in the Soap Central recap for April 16, 2004. Maybe "shocking moments"?

I was wondering the same thing lol. I think I have seen part of that 1986 episode on your playlist @YRfan23 with that hilarious scene of the hypocritical church ladies threatening Mary they would ostracize the Williams family...my question is why were the old hags reading the Playgirl-esque magazine anyways? 🤣

6 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

They have now picked several 1986 episodes, yet they have not chosen anything from then Shawn buries Lauren alive story!? Stunner... Still super cool that they continue to dig into their archives.