Y&R to air classic episodes

Soapsuds

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
4 hours ago, ltm1997 said:

Honestly they couldn't have picked Victor's debut episode from February 8, 1980 for Monday's episode?? He's the whole reason there IS a pack of Newman's! Ugh

The ultimate Newman family week for me would be Victor's first episode, Victor and Nikki's first meeting, Victoria's birth, baby Nicholas first appearance (his birth was off screen), and Victor and Nikki's hospital wedding (as that's the only one of their weddings that hasn't been rebroadcast).

• Members
19 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

From the Y&R YouTube channel.

I recall Neil and Dru's first date. He and Brad were roommates then. He came home and as he was preparing for bed, he looked in the mirror and said "that's one fine little lady.". Small things like that have stuck with me over almost 30 years. 

18 hours ago, Darn said:

[KC]Dear God in Heaven [/KC]...what in the world is Katherine wearing?

Brad is Neil's best man here but when I started watching his best friend was Ryan, when did they become friends?

Ryan and Neil became friends working together at Newman. At least that's how I recall it. But early on, Brad and Neil were roommates. 

• Members
On 7/23/2020 at 7:14 AM, janea4old said:

Mon. July 27 - #5436
Original airdate August 30, 1994

Recap:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/NZ3Etzvpx_Y/nmB4yShUo2EJ

This episode has
Heidi Mark as Sharon Collins.
Robin Scott as Amy Wilson.

We know from soapcentral that Sharon Case debuted Sept 7, 1994.

It has been said that Julianne Morris debut as recast Amy sometime in 1994, but I never saw a date.

But now I have a date ...

Based on quite a few 1994 newsgroup comments on "rec.arts.tv.soaps",
I conclude this:
On Sept 6 and 7, 1994...

Julianne Morris debuted as recast Amy Wilson and then
Sharon Case debuted as the second recast of Sharon Collins,

(Also, based on the newsgroup comments, on Sept 7, 1994, Karen Hensel debuted as recast Doris Collins.)

Sharon and Amy were cut off the episode

Please register in order to view this content
 I really wanted to see Mark or Scott as I don't remember them at all. I was a child when it aired in France. I only remembered Sharon kept changing but that's all.

The episode is okay though.

• Members
10 hours ago, blueberrywaffle said:

The first show for Newman week was very boring.

Who picks these episodes?

I guess i's alwayssubjective what is interestiong or not. Considering that Y&R has been REALLY digging into the archives we owe hem nothing but gratitude that they mostly refrained from choosing 2010+ episodes which is super cool.

That said, I also do not understand why they have not shown a lot of no-brainers (yet?) - e.g. big stars' debut episodes, Who shot Victor?, Jack leaving Victor for dead in the TGVN office, the 90s primetime specials....

• Members
4 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

I guess i's alwayssubjective what is interestiong or not. Considering that Y&R has been REALLY digging into the archives we owe hem nothing but gratitude that they mostly refrained from choosing 2010+ episodes which is super cool.

That said, I also do not understand why they have not shown a lot of no-brainers (yet?) - e.g. big stars' debut episodes, Who shot Victor?, Jack leaving Victor for dead in the TGVN office, the 90s primetime specials....

Agreed.

• Members
4 hours ago, sheilaforever said:

Subjective is right indeed! I think back to that Victor & Nikki week back in May while it was an unusual set of eps that aired that week I mean we saw Vanessa Prentiss scheming in the midst of it all yet I truly got the sense the eps were handpicked by EB and MTS themselves as their favorite Victor & Nikki moments of all time, which made it even feel more endearing too. 

While I want to see so much more all over again, I won’t forget that Y&R did go out of its way to dig into their library to bring out some great classics, even if they didn’t make sense or not lol(Nick & Sharon’s 2001 Arabian Nights date ep was so minuscule to everything else going on in that ep )