Soapsuds

Y&R to air classic episodes

Finally some Mary Jo and Matt Clark, seeking out Veronica next. Cool to see a 90s Gen X centered episode, featuring a young Sharon! This was more a Nick/Sharon episode than Paul & Chris. 

3 hours ago, titan1978 said:

Also- if I remember correctly, after Rex died we didn’t really see much of Katherine and she didn’t have a story of her own really until the house fight with Jill and Mac arrived.  Is that correct?

There was the courthouse fight with Jill during the John/Jill divorce and custody battle.

12 hours ago, janea4old said:

Izzy was an associate of David Kimble.  He helped David with some of his plots. But I don't know if Izzy knew the depth of what David was doing.

According to this one post, Izzy also blackmailed David?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/EP_mEkTXxGc/9_nrowD5tUIJ

Edit to add, I think Izzy was involved in helping David hide the truth about the brooch.

From the actor's website: Pics of him as Izzy:
http://www.bradslaight.com/html/brad_pictures_11.html
and

http://www.bradslaight.com/html/brad_pictures_22.html

13 hours ago, janea4old said:

Izzy was an associate of David Kimble.  He helped David with some of his plots. But I don't know if Izzy knew the depth of what David was doing.

According to this one post, Izzy also blackmailed David?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/EP_mEkTXxGc/9_nrowD5tUIJ

Edit to add, I think Izzy was involved in helping David hide the truth about the brooch.

Thanks it took for the longest to realize he was David’s goon. I believe Izzy had also helped him craft the the Big Jim Adams persona too. 

The best of Mari Jo:

AEE91CA6-FAEB-4A20-8462-2DBD8F937ABC.jpeg

6E6E29CA-AE1A-438E-A1EF-C968B1AF702E.jpeg

96DA359E-5819-4329-AA0E-E5FAC9EDDB0A.jpeg

2 hours ago, kalbir said:

There was the courthouse fight with Jill during the John/Jill divorce and custody battle.

Thanks!  Not much else though, correct?

2 hours ago, kalbir said:

20 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

Katherine was involved in the Kurt and Ashley story ‘96-97. Don’t know all the details but Kurt stayed at the Chancellor estate.

1 hour ago, Cruising Soaps said:

Well I think this was the Y&R episode that sealed the deal of me realizing yep, I am totally gay. 

Damn, Matt, Ryan, Nick!!!  Woo...  Take a cold shower!

Which episode are we talking about?  Asking for a...me.  I’m asking for me.  I will watch it on CBS.com!

Does anyone know the actors for these characters?

10/31/1981

Doris, Barbara Lowell, Wayne Stevens, Dorothy Stevens, John Lowell

6/27/1984

Leon, Amy, Ken

Edited by jcar03

30 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

Which episode are we talking about?  Asking for a...me.  I’m asking for me.  I will watch it on CBS.com!

Sept 21, 1994.  Airing today June 29 on CBS.

6 hours ago, jcar03 said:

Does anyone know the actors for these characters?

10/31/1984

Doris, Barbara Lowell, Wayne Stevens, Dorothy Stevens, John Lowell

6/27/1984

Leon, Amy, Ken

Wait Im confused and wasn't most of those characters written out by 1982? This is new to me sorry someone needs to clear this up lol

On 6/28/2020 at 9:45 PM, soapfan770 said:

For the record, these were the Crimson Lights Barista guys:

Cody Dixon 1999-2004. This was Brody Hutzler’s character. 

Cody is on next week!

Wed July 8
#6939 from August 3, 2000

Good detailed recap:
http://tvmegasite.net/updates/yr/2000/yr080200.htm

SUMMARY:

The soapcentral recap for this date is labeled as written by CBS.
This IMDB summary was very similar.
Each had one or two details the other one did not have.
Here are those two summaries combined into one:

Kay explains to Paul that Jill doesn't believe that Mac is her granddaughter. Paul assures Kay that Jill can cause no harm unless Mac is lying about her identity. Jill explains to Jack that she is worried about Billy's strange attraction to Mackenzie. Jack claims that he can help Billy if he lets him know what's going on with Jill and Mac. Billy tells Jack that it's too complicated. Mac sees Billy and Brittany kissing and she becomes jealous. Billy asks Mac why she's avoiding him and she admits that she doesn't know how to handle seeing Billy and Brittany together. Phyllis gets Billy and Mac's heart-to-heart talk on tape!

Chris is miffed as she watches her new law partner Michael socializing with Phyllis at Gina's.  After Phyllis leaves, Michael assures Chris that Phyllis has a career and is no longer a troublemaker.

Neil brings Olivia home from the hospital -- and Nate is surprised and overjoyed.

Neil and Dru talk privately, and Neil is worried that Lily may have too many expectations; but they both agree to explain to her that their living together doesn't mean that there is any romance happening.

Carter (who is actually Matt with plastic surgery) reveals to Larry that he blames Nick for getting shot 5 years ago. Nick asks Sharon if she is still traumatized by her rape by Matt Clark. Sharon tells Nick that time has helped to heal her wounds. After Nick leaves, Cody introduces Sharon to "Carter". When Sharon walks away from him, she begins to shiver.

10 hours ago, Legacy said:

Wait Im confused and wasn't most of those characters written out by 1982? This is new to me sorry someone needs to clear this up lol

Whoops, 10/31/1981 not 1984.