Soapsuds

Y&R to air classic episodes

28 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Disappointing... all episodes that were already floating around on YT...

So Monday is 4710 (October 7, 1991).  This is 3 episodes after the Masquerade Ball intro they showed. I just wish they had thought the schedule through a little better. This could have been a full week of episodes and people would enjoy following along with the story. Now people will be confused and disengaged... most people don't follow in as much detail as we do, IMO. 

Recap: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7400942/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Tuesday is 7695 (August 14, 2003)

Isabella with butcher knife. Brittany stripping.

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2003/030811.php#thu

Wednesday is 7734 (October 10, 2003)

The fire at Gina's. I will be happy to see it in HD at least.

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-young-and-restless/ep-7734-284892/

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2003/031006.php#fri

Thursday is 8283 (December 15, 2005)

Sheila and Terrible Tom blowing up the yacht. So we get a Sheila but NOT the era we would want to see. :( 

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2005/051212.php#thu

Friday's episode number isn't posted.

I had a feeling if we got Sheila it would be 2005 :( 

i feel like this is what happens when someone from SONY is in charge because though they’ve picked fairly decent episodes, someone can’t help but still think 2005 and onwards is the best era...

21 minutes ago, Milesaway said:

How exactly did Devon get in the enclosure with the lion?

This whole lion thing seems like something taken from Days and Passions! 😂😂

31 minutes ago, Vizion said:

So no episode from the HIV story from Winters week? Does that seem wrong to anyone else? 

It does, but it doesn't surprise me, since it was more focused on Olivia and Nathan and they're not Winters (at least Olivia wasn't yet). Considering Nate is on the show now, that was a real missed opportunity.

@BoldRestless @YRfan23 Besides the Masquerade Ball, the rest of the villain selections are not interesting.

In a way, maybe it's good that they're not dipping into the 1980s/1990s as much as those episodes would be butchered for commercial time.

15 hours ago, Legacy said:

I think i know the scene your talking about, lauren trys to embarrass traci about her weight in front of danny and Amy is in that scene as well.

Aint that something in most of the clips i see of Amy she's usually with Paul or Andy or those 2 brothers she had a traingle with so i guess she came on as those random teen girls who happen to be black just to set the mood which is good I think every race/culture should be explored so we can know about them as well.

Amy was Nathan's first GC love interest. Also, Amy's father, Frank Lewis was the Police Commissioner in Genoa City.  I remember just thinking he was Paul's father's boss.

Also, except for her father Frank Lewis, Amy preceded all of those black characters that you just mentioned.

I’m gonna go ahead and hope against hope that Friday’s episode is classic Sheila. How do you have a Villain week and not show an episode from the storyline that was so popular it created a years long crossover with B&B and arguably is the reason that show survived the 90s! 

1 hour ago, Milesaway said:

How exactly did Devon get in the enclosure with the lion?

The Winters' forgot his birthday so he sneaked into the zoo after hours because that's where his grandmother who raised him would take him every year.

5 hours ago, Darn said:

Oy is Nikki's heaven/dream/whatever corny. I cringed throughout the whole thing. And Victor standing there in his leather jacket like the devil. It's well-produced but feels so false.

Joshua Morrow is laughably bad 4 years into the role. Yeesh. 

I liked that they dealt with the legality of Victor marrying someone immediately after a divorce, for some reason I never even considered that when hearing about this story.

Thanks for posting, I've been wanting to see those scenes. But yea, sometimes the scenes sometime read better on the written recap than they play out on the screen. The scenes with the kids by Nikki's bedside were too long and boring, as well as Victor's courthouse visit. And wow, agreed, JM is bad - "Mom can't die!!" he sounds like a 5-year-old

5 hours ago, Darn said:

I liked that they dealt with the legality of Victor marrying someone immediately after a divorce, for some reason I never even considered that when hearing about this story.

They did this with Victor and Leanna in 1988 when they got married right after his divorce from Nikki. As it turns out, the marriage was invalid because Victor hadn’t waited the required six months. You’d think he would learn 😏

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I’m gonna go ahead and hope against hope that Friday’s episode is classic Sheila. How do you have a Villain week and not show an episode from the storyline that was so popular it created a years long crossover with B&B and arguably is the reason that show survived the 90s! 

Oh no...you know they got an Ian Ward episode waiting to be shown 🙄🙄🙄

41 minutes ago, Dr Neil Curtis said:

Now they could have given us That Lillie Mae Barber and Drucilla Episode this week. 

I remember watching that whole storyline as a teenager back in Australia, and my mum always used to make fun of it because of Mamie’s constant “but she’s MAH SISTAAAH” when Lillie was recovering from depression at Nate and Olivia’s. That has never left my mind to this day...