Sign in to follow this  
victoria foxton

Days March 30-April 3

Did LH & SC ever share scenes together? I'm curious. Anyway, Daniel, when he rises from the dead, seems like a perfect candidate for an Anna two-minute verbal beat down. I could totally see Anna dismissing Daniel and throwing in things like 'sanctimonious,' 'you're NOT all that,' "Maggie is your mother. Are you sure?' 

9 hours ago, te. said:

So, Daniel and Leo returning is just an April fools' joke?

Yes. Daniel, Leo, Sheila are all returning as an April Fools joke. I think people on other sites were speculating/worried they were actually "back" but I don't believe that's the case.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:16 AM, victoria foxton said:

91024778_2998732586872688_4058424295750107136_n.jpg

I hate stand-alone on soaps.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:39 AM, victoria foxton said:

Days of our Lives Spring Preview Promo

What an awful promo! Did someone make this in Windos Movie Maker?  Badass men? There is nothing badass about Ben or Evan. Their fathers actually are. Speaking of which, is Clyde breaking out also just an April Fool's prank? And what about Rex?

Sounds like John says "Get your balls off my wife", LOL.

I honestly don't mind an occasional stand-alone episode like this - it's not like they don't have airtime to fill and it's a "fun" way to do something unorthodox.

Even when they turn out to be hot messes, I always really appreciate these episodes.  Soaps air sooo many episodes, they have the flexibility to play with form and it's shocking how conventional they are in that respect.  You don't have to do a time jump (though I'm still on board), but the episodes can vary in structure.  I definitely wouldn't say I'm looking forward to a Daniel/Leo/Shiela/Rex special episode, but I'm curious.  But man, this is a low-rent group of returnees.  Lolol.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteKiddo said:

Even when they turn out to be hot messes, I always really appreciate these episodes.  Soaps air sooo many episodes, they have the flexibility to play with form and it's shocking how conventional they are in that respect.  You don't have to do a time jump (though I'm still on board), but the episodes can vary in structure.  I definitely wouldn't say I'm looking forward to a Daniel/Leo/Shiela/Rex special episode, but I'm curious.  But man, this is a low-rent group of returnees.  Lolol.

I agree - it's one thing when prime time shows does this because they have 22 episodes (or less these days!) per season, but soaps have what? 250-ish episodes to fill with content. Them doing an occasional stand alone episode isn't a big deal. If anything, like you said, soaps could play more with structure without disturbing the overall balance of the show - prime time doesn't have that luxury.

Eh. I like the standalone episodes. To each their own. 

Don't need to see Daniel Jonas ever though. 

Edited by KMan101