Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread


Toups

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

They're giving free entrance to amusement park with covid vaccine done before you enter.

Had my second shot today. No pretty male nurse to jab me. Just the same lady nurse from the last time.

 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
22 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Had my second shot today. No pretty male nurse to jab me. Just the same lady nurse from the last time.

 

Awwwww...

 

...but good you got it.

Please register in order to view this content
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

Awwwww...

 

...but good you got it.  

Yeah but he didn't get the hot guy

 

He got granny

 

28 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Had my second shot today. No pretty male nurse to jab me. Just the same lady nurse from the last time.

 

Please register in order to view this content

That guy looks hot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Got my first jab yesterday. AstraZeneca.

 

Today feel a bit tired and woozy, like my head has something heavy weighing on it. But ok, all things considered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Cat I know it was not the one you wanted, but good to hear so far so good.

Please register in order to view this content
  

 

Meanwhile, I appear to be back to normal. Going to do a light workout though. Perhaps taking it as easy as I could was a good thing though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm 46 hours post 2nd Moderna shot. The most noticeable thing has been the upper arm soreness, a little worse than last time, plus the skin a couple of inches below the injection area is hot and slightly red. I've been icing it on and off, more so for the soreness. Also got a bit of a headache and a little fatigue but it's better today than yesterday. I've been taking Tylenol, drinking water and Body Armor and generally just taking it easy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 4/29/2021 at 6:26 PM, Cat said:

Got my first jab yesterday. AstraZeneca.

 

Today feel a bit tired and woozy, like my head has something heavy weighing on it. But ok, all things considered.

 

I'm UK based too and had exactly the same in late February with my AZ first dose. It felt like a very light hangover really but I was fine the day after. Fingers crossed the same for you too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
55 minutes ago, applcin said:

I'm 46 hours post 2nd Moderna shot. The most noticeable thing has been the upper arm soreness, a little worse than last time, plus the skin a couple of inches below the injection area is hot and slightly red. I've been icing it on and off, more so for the soreness. Also got a bit of a headache and a little fatigue but it's better today than yesterday. I've been taking Tylenol, drinking water and Body Armor and generally just taking it easy. 

I finally saw Body Armor and thought of this board.

Please register in order to view this content

 

That said...good call on taking it easy. It's been a week since my 2nd Moderna shot and I took it easy up until a day or so ago. It was a good call. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, Taoboi said:

I finally saw Body Armor and thought of this board. 


I'm partial to the Peach Mango Lyte myself. 

Coming up on 72 hours post-shot and the side effects have diminished somewhat. My arm's not as hot and red as yesterday, although still visible, and the soreness has lessened. Unless I develop "covid arm" in the next week or so, I think I'm past the peak. Now...trying to get the Band-Aid outline off my skin is another story! 

 

Edited by applcin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Shoulder hurts quite a bit and I feel a bit hungover, but that’s it for now. Taking Tylenol and fluids and resting.

Edited by Faulkner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, applcin said:


I'm partial to the Peach Mango Lyte myself. 

Coming up on 72 hours post-shot and the side effects have diminished somewhat. My arm's not as hot and red as yesterday, although still visible, and the soreness has lessened. Unless I develop "covid arm" in the next week or so, I think I'm past the peak. Now...trying to get the Band-Aid outline off my skin is another story! 

 

hahaha at Band-Aid outline. 

 

Yeah, I might try that out when I'm at the store later on today actually. re: Peach Mango. When it comes to drinks, I've always been partial to Mango too.  

 

I'm jealous. My mother and I got our shots the same week. Same for Shot 2. and other than slowness, she said she felt nothing either. And that that lessened quickly for her. 

 

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Shoulder hurts quite a bit and I feel a bit hungover, but that’s it for now. Taking Tylenol and fluids and resting.

You sound like my manager who got her second one on Friday. She describe it that way as well. You rest easy.

 

12 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

I get my first shot this coming Thursday, the Pfizer one. I'm a bit nervous I'll admit lol

You got this.

Please register in order to view this content
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I got texted by the NHS here in England this week to let me know that my turn has come - however that means I now need to get unblinded on the Johnson & Johnson trial that I’m currently on. I have the unblinding appointment this coming Thursday, so fingers crossed I was in the vaccination group rather than the placebo group!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy