Sign in to follow this  
Toups

Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

On 10/15/2020 at 5:53 AM, Cat said:

Prayers to you and your mom @Taoboi ! Vitamin D, Vitamin C and ZINC is also being recommended by doctors here. Boost the immune system. Paracetamol to temper fever and migraines.

Here in London, they are about to introduce Tier 2 restrictions (avoid public transport, no mixing with other households indoors) on Saturday. And last night, President Macron of France introduced a 9pm-6am curfew in major city hotspots. 

Ideas being discussed are of a possible 'circuit-breaker' lockdown -- a short, sharp, 2-week nationwide lockdown à la end-March.

We need to do this in the U.S., but we won't.

22 hours ago, janea4old said:

Lyrics and vocals by Noah Lindquist of Kansas. Additional vocals by Ashley Young of Kansas.

Hehe...just stumbled on this on Twitter this morning.

20 hours ago, Juliajms said:

We need to do this in the U.S., but we won't.

Same. 

Or back to that. 

I might not have liked it back in midMarch and April, but clearly it was effective enough to be done again.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:54 PM, Taoboi said:

Thank you, everyone for the good wishes, prayers, and hugs.

I guess I was in a daze the other day. Still am honestly.  In spite of the fact that both of my main jobs involve me interacting with people who seem to do everything in their power to NOT wear a mask sometimes, I am well. However, my brother (he is negative) had to deal with Co-Vid with his wife (she is recovering thank goodness). And I found out that my mother has it. While everyone has told me (and I have) told her to work on her vitamin D while she self-isolates...my mother also was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease a couple of years back so I'm extremely worried since I am half a continent away from her. It was also this time of year I lost my father so my anxiety is pretty high.

I never thought of my mother as weak. So to hear her on the phone like herself, but not and with a cough. I...I just don't know what to do. But...so far, so good.

All good thoughts and prayers for you and your family. 

On 10/14/2020 at 3:54 PM, Taoboi said:

Thank you, everyone for the good wishes, prayers, and hugs.

I guess I was in a daze the other day. Still am honestly.  In spite of the fact that both of my main jobs involve me interacting with people who seem to do everything in their power to NOT wear a mask sometimes, I am well. However, my brother (he is negative) had to deal with Co-Vid with his wife (she is recovering thank goodness). And I found out that my mother has it. While everyone has told me (and I have) told her to work on her vitamin D while she self-isolates...my mother also was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease a couple of years back so I'm extremely worried since I am half a continent away from her. It was also this time of year I lost my father so my anxiety is pretty high.

I never thought of my mother as weak. So to hear her on the phone like herself, but not and with a cough. I...I just don't know what to do. But...so far, so good.

Sending prayers and good vibes your way.