John

Soap Vet Dies

WOW.

Loved him as Terrible Tom and his chemistry with Eileen and Kimberlin.

Mitch was a terror and I was here for that as well.

I even remember him as suave Nick.

Such a great actor.

RIP

Oh...has Erika S tweeted?

On 3/8/2020 at 3:13 AM, Wendy said:

Here is a Robert Barr/Eden clip from Santa Barbara where Robert lays things out for Eden. At 17 (when this originally aired), I never cared for Robert much. (And I'm not even a Cruz/Eden super fan!) But as an adult, I get it: Robert smoldered. No wonder he had once lovey-dovey sisters Kelly and Eden at each other's throats over him.  :) LOL! (As an aside, I think Robert - while not a white hat by any means - was the closest Roscoe Born may have come to playing a semi good character! Oh, wait. Joe Novak on Ryan's Hope, a semi good mobster that married one of the Ryan girls, right? Still, not many such roles...)

And all things being equal, here is Robert (or Quinn) with CG's Kelly, as he gives her a gift. As I said, no wonder a rivalry began with Kelly/Eden.

I was just watching these over the weekend!

Some of his scenes literally gave me goosebumps. RB had so much charisma and he quietly smouldered.

50 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

The family said he committed suicide. He was always kind of off. RIP

Can you post proof of that? How awful if true. :(

EDIT: It's true. He had been struggling with bipolar disorder.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/roscoe-born-young-restless-days-004818682.html

Edited by alexisfan07

48 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

The family said he committed suicide. He was always kind of off. RIP

"kind of off" ? :blink:

If he committed suicide, he most likely was in deep pain. Physically and/or emotionally.

Obviously that person is trolling and not being at all respectful about Roscoe Born's death. Seeing someone on television and judging them from what character's they play is not a way of knowing if they are "off". Bipolar is a terrible disorder and it's sad to read that Mr. Born was afflicted by it and took his own life.

3 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

I met Roscoe several times. He was off. 

I kinda wish diplomacy didn't escape you all the time.  I can be pretty abrasive a lot of the time, but you have to know when it's just not appropriate.  

7 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

I kinda wish diplomacy didn't escape you all the time.  I can be pretty abrasive a lot of the time, but you have to know when it's just not appropriate.  

His family talked about it and I have met him and he was not right. Don’t lecture me about someone you never met. 

23 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

His family talked about it and I have met him and he was not right. Don’t lecture me about someone you never met. 

And dont speak about Roscoe like you were an authority because you may have met him a few times. You are not his family. Don't speak on his well-being like you have any true knowledge of it

32 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

That poster never. Just posts stuff to stir pots and doesnt care if its something like death, Disease, Divorce etc

Edited by John

1 hour ago, VanessaReardon said:

I met Roscoe several times. He was off. 

You are trash speaking this way of someone who's passed on. Get out of here with this ish.

1 hour ago, Cat said:

If he committed suicide, he most likely was in deep pain. Physically and/or emotionally.

IA.  Bipolar disorder is no joke, ladies and gentlemen.  I'm just sorry he felt suicide was the only way out for him.  Hopefully, his loved ones can take comfort in knowing he had so many people who loved his performances on various shows.

To everyone out there who might be struggling with emotional, mental and/or psychological issues, please know you are not alone and that someone is able and willing to listen and to help.