John

Soap Vet Dies

10 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I saw that EW called him a "DAYS star," even though he just had a cameo in that silly Maldovia type story. 

He had a contract role years later.

Such a shock! He was never on a soap for longer than two years at a time yet is one of the definitive faces of daytime, a true leading man of who exuded the emotional stir that is soap opera. He will be missed! 

Here is a Robert Barr/Eden clip from Santa Barbara where Robert lays things out for Eden. At 17 (when this originally aired), I never cared for Robert much. (And I'm not even a Cruz/Eden super fan!) But as an adult, I get it: Robert smoldered. No wonder he had once lovey-dovey sisters Kelly and Eden at each other's throats over him.  :) LOL! (As an aside, I think Robert - while not a white hat by any means - was the closest Roscoe Born may have come to playing a semi good character! Oh, wait. Joe Novak on Ryan's Hope, a semi good mobster that married one of the Ryan girls, right? Still, not many such roles...)

And all things being equal, here is Robert (or Quinn) with CG's Kelly, as he gives her a gift. As I said, no wonder a rivalry began with Kelly/Eden.

6 hours ago, Sindacco said:

He had a contract role years later.

Oh right...was that Morgan's father or someone? I forget a lot of that era. 

21 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Oh right...was that Morgan's father or someone? I forget a lot of that era. 

Trent (Becker) Robbins. Last name changed for no reason with the recast of Roscoe Born. He was previously played for a month-ish in 1988 by Charles Van Eman. Max Brady's biological dad. Melanie grew up thinking she was his. Nicole's retconned first husband. Nick Fallon killed him (I think).

Edited by Bright Eyes

34 minutes ago, Bright Eyes said:

Trent (Becker) Robbins. Last name changed for no reason with the recast of Roscoe Born. He was previously played for a month-ish in 1988 by Charles Van Eman. Max Brady's biological dad. Melanie grew up thinking she was his. Nicole's retconned first husband. Nick Fallon killed him (I think).

Thanks. 

Rest in Peace to one of the best. He even made RC's schlock work in his later stint on OLTL.   I loved Robert Barr, Joe Novak... and he was truly terrifying as Tom Fisher.

I wish GH had scooped him up a while ago, what could have been...