Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R March 2020 Discussion Thread


kalbir

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
11 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

So according to a post Tracey Bregman made on her instagram they are planning to start showing classic episodes next Friday and she said the first one would be from 1991! 

At least a good distraction from the horrendous current show and everything else going on right now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
20 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

So according to a post Tracey Bregman made on her instagram they are planning to start showing classic episodes next Friday and she said the first one would be from 1991! 

Wow great news!  I guess they are holding current episodes until they return to filming again. 

 

I'd love to see the episodes of Jill's shooting and Lauren being hurried alive to name a few. 

Edited by Soapsuds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, Soapsuds said:

Wow great news!  I guess they are holding current episodes until they return to filming again. 

 

I'd love to see the episodes of Jill's shooting and Lauren being hurried alive to name a few. 

I'm happy, and definitely hope they will pull out some good ones...Tracey hinted it was the Masquerade Ball next week cause she said she's wearing a wig in the episode, and that's one of the only times I know Lauren wears a wig...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

This is awesome! (Wish we could get this every holiday)

Hopefully we get to see episodes we can't find online like Mary Jo holding Christine hostage, Veronica shooting Nikki, Katherine driving off the cliff with Phillip, Phillip III's "death"...or even seeing Sheila and Lauren in the fire house again would be cool to rewatch.

 

Edited by ironlion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I watched the last five episodes because I heard of the Jill/Jack scenes and I loved it. They always feel natural together and especially now I think marrying Jill off to Jack could help unite The Abbott's with a strong matriarch and patriarch that would give you the necessary drama, but allow them to be on equal footing with the Newman's in terms of power. I loved when Jack and Jill had their fling in 2004 that went nowhere. This is certainly a welcome surprise!

 

Other stuff I enjoyed was seeing Sharon in this new role as a therapist (I'm assuming thats her job). The scenes with Victoria and Victor were nice. The writing for Victoria remains incredibly weak, bu t the actors played it well. I'm just tired of Victoria as a victim. They need to come up with something else already. Lily was great in her scenes with Billy, Nick and Jill. Lily has always worked with me when she is away from Cane and this is no different. I do wish her kids were around, but I hope this is the beginning of something real and not just a hit and run like her previous visits. Nick and Phyllis also worked incredibly well for me. Phyllis has floundered throughout her return and I would prefer Nick with Sharon, but this was well placed in the story and the chemistry is strong. They work as a couple when they don't have a lot of angst and can just vibe off each other. If they stay low key and fun I could be supportive of this.

 

The parts where I wanted to fall asleep were anything with Adam, Kyle, Summer, Theo or Lola. I know those characters are popular, but boy are they dull. I feel you could write them all off (plus Abby, Chelsea and Chance) and replace them with much more useful and potentially interesting characters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
13 hours ago, Chris B said:

I watched the last five episodes because I heard of the Jill/Jack scenes and I loved it. They always feel natural together and especially now I think marrying Jill off to Jack could help unite The Abbott's with a strong matriarch and patriarch that would give you the necessary drama, but allow them to be on equal footing with the Newman's in terms of power. I loved when Jack and Jill had their fling in 2004 that went nowhere. This is certainly a welcome surprise!

 

Other stuff I enjoyed was seeing Sharon in this new role as a therapist (I'm assuming thats her job). The scenes with Victoria and Victor were nice. The writing for Victoria remains incredibly weak, bu t the actors played it well. I'm just tired of Victoria as a victim. They need to come up with something else already. Lily was great in her scenes with Billy, Nick and Jill. Lily has always worked with me when she is away from Cane and this is no different. I do wish her kids were around, but I hope this is the beginning of something real and not just a hit and run like her previous visits. Nick and Phyllis also worked incredibly well for me. Phyllis has floundered throughout her return and I would prefer Nick with Sharon, but this was well placed in the story and the chemistry is strong. They work as a couple when they don't have a lot of angst and can just vibe off each other. If they stay low key and fun I could be supportive of this.

 

The parts where I wanted to fall asleep were anything with Adam, Kyle, Summer, Theo or Lola. I know those characters are popular, but boy are they dull. I feel you could write them all off (plus Abby, Chelsea and Chance) and replace them with much more useful and potentially interesting characters.

The Kyle, Lola, Summer, Theo quad plus Mariah and Tessa are really the only unwatchable parts of the show for me. I basically fast forward them all after Suffering a little too much of them.

 

I think Jack and Jill would be a fantastic match right now. There’s just an easiness between Jess and Peter that translates really well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 325

      Texas!

    2. 14

      ABC: ‘Queens’: Hip-Hop Drama Pilot

    3. 34

      The Young and the Restless Writer's Thread/Index

    4. 287

      As The World Turns Full Episode List

    5. 399

      Days of Our Lives: September 2021 Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy