1 hour ago, DynamiteKiddo said:

It's not perfect, but I think there's been a huge improvement in the last couple years.  The updates to the Kiriakis and Horton sets are great, in my opinion.  The Kiriakis redecorating looks like something Maggie would have done in the late '10s.  (I admit all that teal had to grow on me, but I love the two kinds of wallpaper now.) Putting wood floors in the Horton home is so much better than the white carpet.  And changing the green felt sacrelig', but that super muted blue is lovely.  The art got slightly changed (I love the stacked botanical prints to the right of the fireplace).  The spirit of Alice's home is completely intact, but it feels like Jennifer's now.

Eric's apartment has his Africa photography.  J&M's townhouse isn't as hideous... and though obviously redressed, Kayla's condo's furniture and drapes feel like her... the Titan CEO office has those Greek wall sculptures, which is obvious but I like to think it amusingly reflects Victor's nouveau riche, self-congratulatory tackiness.  Rafe's kitchen is obviously decorated by Gabi and reflects her Pinterest-esque style, their family (Arianna's art), and even a little bit of their Latin American culture.  The 3-in-1 Basic Black office feels like a contemporary space Nicole would work in, it's  a very masculine space for Eli/JJ, and Gina's layer created tons of character mood.  A bigger budget would really help this set out, though.  Then the square clearly has Gabi Chic, Saxtons and the Bistro, Ornament Home Decor (the sign has that Greek wreath looking metal sculpture from the K mansion on it), Bookclub bookstore (for JJ lolol), and Salem Inn.  A few years ago, it had nothing.  And this is much better than the 2011 storefronts.  Even the small DiMansion study has so many little vignettes in those bookcases.  And the Chabby in Paris set looked European and reflected Abby's art background.

Of course the floating bedroom sets are terrible, but it's better than when everyone was having sex on their living room couches lol.

This show is never gonna be like when Tom Langan was EP/HW and almost every character had their own home with bedrooms and kitchens, but I really feel like they're trying after a decade aesthetic hell.  Sorry for the long set post!  Lol.

I was just about to mention, I'm happy for the bedroom sets at some of the houses and apartments now because for the longest time everyone had sex on the couch in the living rooms that everyone used.

4 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Right? It looked good. So of course it was dumped. As everyone tries to cram into Julie's Closet, er, Place. ;) 

"Julie's Closet" sounds like a really cool name for a boutique, which is what Julie probably should have opened instead of an eatery.

Edited by Khan

1 hour ago, Khan said:

"Julie's Closet" sounds like a really cool name for a boutique, which is what Julie probably should have opened instead of an eatery.

lol, very true!

13 hours ago, carolineg said:

I was under the impression the rift was because Crystal was taking away Deidre's screen time, which makes more sense to me.  After the Tale of 2 Romans story ending there was a period in early 1992 where Marlena had very little story or screen time and Carly was everywhere.  Carly was literally in almost every story whether it be her romance with bo, her long lost kid, her issues with Lawrence, Victor, Vivian, her friendships with Jen and Isabella, her great skill as a doctor, etc.  It was a lot of Carly.  And the only things I can remember Marlena doing is supporting John/Isabella and that ridiculous Roman undercover story that had Wayne dressing up like Mrs. Doubtfire until they started the Lombard story and the beginning of the affair.

By 1993 everything seemed to be more balanced, with Carly more entrenched in the Alamain side of the canvas and Deidre having a lot of material with the affair and aftermath..  I don't remember Carly and Marlena interacting an excessive amount, but I did recently watch 1992-1993 John/Marlena edits and Carly does have quite a few scenes with both of them that are largely unnecessary.  I think both CC and DH acknowledge they didn't get along very well, but I think CC said she was difficult and I am sure Deidre was a diva back then.  It's so strange Carly is so inconsequential to Days now as she burned through about a decades worth of story in 3 years. 

But CC joined DAYS a year before DH returned so how could she have taken away her screen time?

I read a rumor years ago, that DH was the one who outed CC and MS's affair at a party when they were both still married to other people.

11 hours ago, Khan said:

He did more acting in that one photo than in ten years on this damn show.

LOL TRUE!

Oh Sweeney. Don't look so sad. You know your ass will have him on a Hallmark movie!

15 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

84265125_2905650146180933_8451729102829780992_o.jpg

BYEEEEEEEEE!

21 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

LOL TRUE!

Oh Sweeney. Don't look so sad. You know your ass will have him on a Hallmark movie!

BYEEEEEEEEE!

I’m just happy to see Ali is taping. I miss Sami. It makes no sense that she nor Lucas have visited their son in prison.

43 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

I’m just happy to see Ali is taping. I miss Sami. It makes no sense that she nor Lucas have visited their son in prison.

Exactly. Yet we heard that of course they were in town, off-screen, at his trial or whatever. LOL. Both Lucas and Sami will be back but I'm not sure for what or why. I don't know that I really miss Sami because she's made appearances in 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 since leaving in 2014. lol. 

Edited by KMan101

43 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Exactly. Yet we heard that of course they were in town, off-screen, at his trial or whatever. LOL. Both Lucas and Sami will be back but I'm not sure for what or why. I don't know that I really miss Sami because she's made appearances in 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 since leaving in 2014. lol. 

My viewing has been spotty so I've actually missed most of her pop ins. I did see when she and Rafe slept together while he was broken up with Hope, but that's about it.

On 2/14/2020 at 5:07 PM, Sindacco said:

But CC joined DAYS a year before DH returned so how could she have taken away her screen time?

I read a rumor years ago, that DH was the one who outed CC and MS's affair at a party when they were both still married to other people.

When I read that  my first thought was that MS referred to Michelle Stafford! 😬

Edited by Paul Raven