Sign in to follow this  
Toups

LATEST RATINGS: January 20-24, 2020

Looks like Days was going to have a good week with answers to the time jump. Too bad the rest of the week was only available online.

6 minutes ago, Toups said:

The key to good ratings: air 1 day a week!! 😂

You joke but there may be something to that.  Years ago, I said that rather than cancel some of the soaps in the past, networks/producers should have considered scaling back to 30 minute episodes for some soaps.  Might have saved a few from the chopping block.

I wonder why Y&R was tagged for 2 days - I know for certain it was pre-empted in several markets on that Thursday.  Oh, well, just 3 more potential days of these pre-emptions. 

I remember the same thing happened the week of 9/11, where only Monday aired for everyone, but clearly soaps get their best numbers at the beginning of the week! 

On 2/2/2020 at 4:38 PM, Soapsuds said:

Looks like Days was going to have a good week with answers to the time jump. Too bad the rest of the week was only available online.

Days wasn’t preempted in my market at all.

2 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

Days wasn’t preempted in my market at all.

It was only shown on Monday in my market. And Monday had a 200,000 viewer jump from last week. Imagine had it aired in all markets the rest of the week.

Point of reference, Monday, January 20 was MLK B-Day which is a federal holiday. 

On 2/2/2020 at 4:43 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

You joke but there may be something to that.  Years ago, I said that rather than cancel some of the soaps in the past, networks/producers should have considered scaling back to 30 minute episodes for some soaps.  Might have saved a few from the chopping block.

I'm of the belief that daytime should be programmed similar to primetime so that we can enjoy more diverse programming most days of the week. For example, air one show 3 days a week, if necessary, and on the other two days you can either program one new series or two new series (one each day) or various sets of programs in the slots. Instead of being stuck with 1-4.5 hours of network programming being dedicated to a select group of shows EVERY day all year long you can have a plethora of shows air, including series that air ONLY in the summer. Heck, even air a movie or two from time to time on non-holidays or air the freaking Daytime Emmy Awards for god sakes. More people would watch it than they did the impeachment, and it would at least get some social trends during a daytime airing vs against nighttime sports, entertainment shows, etc.

Sign in to follow this