Taoboi

Y&R February 2020 Discussion Thread

Soap Opera Digest didn't put the Newman gala on their cover story this week. I'm not impressed 😠

OTOH, CBS Soaps in Depth gave their cover story to the Newman gala 😀

cbssid2.png

I can't wait for the Newman gala episodes next week. Here's hoping for lots of 1980s flashbacks.

This Amanda story finally got interesting with her interaction with Ripley. They need to somehow keep playing that edge with her, its what MM does best

This Adam has brought the lurch factor back to the character, I don't like it tbh and the partnership with Chance is lame and a snooze as is Phyllis' involvement 

The Sharon cancer story is alright because SC is a decent actress and her side of the canvas has history to be played off of. Very run of the mill story though

I hope they have Victoria finally get rid of that ugly blue living room for good with this Billy breakup being played how it is

I'd rather watch Kyle with Summer and Lola with Theo  so I'm tolerating their material a lot easier

Did anyone notice the camera focused on a sign at Crimson Lights saying it would be closed and opening back up soon? Are they really going to be dismantling and ruining that great set? 

1 hour ago, DaytimeFan said:

Did anyone notice the camera focused on a sign at Crimson Lights saying it would be closed and opening back up soon? Are they really going to be dismantling and ruining that great set? 

Yes, totally revamped. Plans were shown here a few pages back.

Probably shrunk...I think the set needed an update, but will wait and see on the result.

49 minutes ago, Paul Raven said:

Yes, totally revamped. Plans were shown here a few pages back.

Probably shrunk...I think the set needed an update, but will wait and see on the result.

Thanks - found those renderings...pretty damn bland. It's not that it was a set I'm totally attached to...but it was BIG and had been around for so long and was wearing its age well. Reconfiguring these sets seems like such a waste of money - especially what they did to the original Newman Ranch and the Chancellor mansion.

I was actually impressed that the Crimson Lights set was the same one from 25 years ago. Way to go ruin a good thing!

1 hour ago, Aback said:

Oh yeah you just know they're going to screw it up royally.

They will. But I think the big sets are a big problem in today’s age of low budgets, hence smaller sets that can stay on the soundstage simultaneously and need less extras to look alive are the solution.

on B&B they dropped a lot of good looking sets in favor of smaller ones as well. e.g. Spencer Publications now only has one office that keeps getting different props to double for Wyatt and Liam...