2020: The Directors and Writers Thread

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that TC did in fact write the script, perhaps on a trial basis and then they didn't pick him up after his trial script(s). Thus him saying that Y&R didn't "hire" him,  but I haven't seen him flat out say he didn't write it. It just seems like he tried to get a job there, they said "No thanks", and now he's trying to save face, going on about how how happy he is with his current gig. 

Or not. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

He did get defensive when that troll came after him, lol. 

I'm sure those '70 million fans' have no idea who the hell he is or what he's written though...

Whatever the case, I wonder if the WGA has rules that state if you're credited, you still must be paid regardless if you actually wrote it or not...

Edited by BetterForgotten
1 hour ago, VanessaReardon said:

Is Casiello now officially a scriptwriter? Or will he get a first listed and last listed on March 24 credit? 

Casiello denied he's back as a script writer but I don't believe it was a production error. His websoap ended  and he probably wrote a few terrible spec scripts and didn't get hired at Y&R.

Well,  I wish Tom well, whatever the case may be. I have always appreciated his insights into the recent (2000-present) soap writing process via twitter or blog posts.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

OK, they wouldn't make a "mistake" twice. I'm now inclined to believe his trial never got picked up and he's trying to save face on Twitter. 

Edited by BetterForgotten
23 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

OK, they wouldn't make a "mistake" twice. I'm now inclined to believe his trial never got picked up and he's trying to save face on Twitter. 

That’s... sad. In the words of Lisa Rinna...

tenor.gif?itemid=5411810

I saw someone on Twitter in disbelief that Victor was saying "cool your jets." When I read that I wondered if it was the work of the man who gave us the iconic "cut the crap!" Was that him?

On 3/25/2020 at 10:56 PM, RavenWhitney said:

Casiello denied he's back as a script writer but I don't believe it was a production error. His websoap ended  and he probably wrote a few terrible spec scripts and didn't get hired at Y&R.

Bingo! Didn’t he say that he was happy writing for a medium that has 70 million fans? Wrestling. But yet he downgraded himself to write scripts for 4 million viewers to enjoy. lol And he wasn’t hired longterm. Egg on his face.