John

Days: Maggie's surprise

More Family for Mags

https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/comings-and-goings/557057/marie-wilson-return-days-of-our-lives-summer-townsend/

Actress Marie Wilson will reprise her role of Summer Townsend on Days of our Lives later this month. Wilson last appeared on the NBC soap opera in July 2016 in a storyline that revealed her character as a troubled young woman that Maggie Horton had given up for adoption as a baby. Soaps.com can reveal that Wilson will be back onscreen as Summer on January 21.

Edited by John

15 hours ago, John said:

More Family for Mags

https://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/comings-and-goings/557057/marie-wilson-return-days-of-our-lives-summer-townsend/

Actress Marie Wilson will reprise her role of Summer Townsend on Days of our Lives later this month. Wilson last appeared on the NBC soap opera in July 2016 in a storyline that revealed her character as a troubled young woman that Maggie Horton had given up for adoption as a baby. Soaps.com can reveal that Wilson will be back onscreen as Summer on January 21.

Hmmmm....I wonder if this has anything to do with Sarah's baby being sick.

I feel like the initial idea for Summer sounded good on paper, but didn't click somehow.

Will see how it plays out...

15 hours ago, John said:

More Family for Mags

Jesus Christ why???????? Is Ron already trolling us at this point?

Wonder how she fits in. Sooooooo random, but that's Ron for you. He gets so easily distracted and the show [!@#$%^&*] suffers.

I do agree that the idea, on paper, could have worked, but yeah, never translated well at all. It was sooooo bad. And then they wasted that beach location shoot on her ass.

Does anyone give a rat's ass about Summer? As far as I'm concerned, Sarah and Melissa are Maggie's ONLY children. All other interlopers, exit stage left.

21 minutes ago, Khan said:

Wait, wasn't Summer exposed as some sort of fraud?  Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

I’m pretty sure wishful thinking on your part.

23 minutes ago, Khan said:

Wait, wasn't Summer exposed as some sort of fraud?  Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

I vaguely remember hearing that too, but I had tuned out by the time Bo died, so...

I never understood why they gave Maggie another daughter and then never featured her. It's a very odd storytelling technique when you consider Maggie had two other kids off screen that could've been brought back at the time.