Taoboi

B&B January 2020 Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, DRW50 said:

All these years later it still amazes me that Susan Flannery was slapping people around for real. 

and she still was respected...I would be pissed honestly....

9 hours ago, Aback said:

I don't see what's so exciting about Quinn slapping Brooke. 

It’s not the ‘physical’ slap that makes it exciting - it’s Quinn verbal ‘slap’ that makes the entire scene. 

3 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

It’s not the ‘physical’ slap that makes it exciting - it’s Quinn verbal ‘slap’ that makes the entire scene. 

I'm all for a good catfight but even the dialogue, I don't see what's so precious about it. Quinn has no place to tell off Brooke. Brooke should not be acting like a wimp who's on the verge of crying all the time. And we all know the show's focus is going to shift to something else (probably Liam) in a couple of episodes.

22 hours ago, Markjeh said:

I hate that I'm on Brooke's side but... she's right? KKL always gives her everything in her scenes and I love that.

How much better B&B would be if airtime was decently balanced. This week has really showed that.

Eh RS acted circles around KKL in that scene. KKL is too over the top

32 minutes ago, Aback said:

I'm all for a good catfight but even the dialogue, I don't see what's so precious about it. Quinn has no place to tell off Brooke. Brooke should not be acting like a wimp who's on the verge of crying all the time. And we all know the show's focus is going to shift to something else (probably Liam) in a couple of episodes.

It's QUINN's HOUSE, Brooke aint no one to be coming to Quinn's house and telling her what to do

21 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I remember a ton of talk in late 1996, when ATWT and GL were at low points in every way. This was also when the new Hispanic family was introduced, which led some to think the show was bulking up.

Was that when Jeff Trachta had his swansong when Thorne had affairs with the two Cortez sisters? No wonder fans protested over Trachta's dismissal lol. Just as fast as Thorne slept slept with the Cortez sisters and his marriage with Macy over we had Winsor Harmon's Thorne introduced saving a drunk Taylor from a fire.

20 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

Eric is a %6&*&* Idiot!!!

TBH they should had retired the Eric character a long time ago right after Stephanie left. Really we should have Rick with Maya behind him 100% being the one to grapple with Thomas but Thudley can't write [!@#$%^&*] so in Rick's place we have this causing problems for BRidge and now Eric and Quinn. 

@dragonflies Exactly, it Quinn’s home and Brooke is trying to dictate who stays in guesthouse,  tells her that Stephanie’s portrait should be above the mantle and that Eric should leave her. Quinn would be found NOT GUILTY - this was ‘Stand Your Ground’ self defense. 

@soapfan770 Absolutely Eric should’ve been sent away a decade ago. It’s ridiculous having RS tethered to him. It’d be like Stephanie lassoing $Bill!  

Brooke/Ridge + Bill/Katie should be the leading elders. And, as you said, Rick should be leading the 3rd Generation. 

"Stephanie taught you how to slap?? Bitch! You should've learned that from me!!!"  That scene was so good!!   One the show's best in a long time.I hope to see more of Brooke/Quinn/Shauna.

6 minutes ago, SteelCity said:

There's always that one person. 

I’m no prude. I would rather see Brooke slap Quinn (and no crying, thank you).

2 hours ago, Aback said:

I’m no prude. I would rather see Brooke slap Quinn (and no crying, thank you).

Brooke has become a self righteous bitch. That slap was welcome and well overdue. I got in trouble the last time I said this, but, she was asking for it.

One good slap and I'm back watchin B&B. lol.

That said...taking in tomorrow's episode and I see someone is cruising for Slap Number 2...

Okay, who wrote the 1/16 episode (the Quinn slaps Brooke) episode?  Because that dialogue for the episode was on point with the history not to mention the shade leading up to the slap.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:11 PM, SteelCity said:

"BITCH! YOU SHOULDA LEARNED FROM ME!" Might be favorite soap quote ever!

On 1/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, dragonflies said:

HOLY [!@#$%^&*] it looks like amazeballs!!! I am going to watch just for this LOL

On 1/17/2020 at 4:17 AM, Faulkner said:

They always have a little something that looks compelling for a bit, but it’s never sustainable. It’s always back to repetitive Liam/Hope stuff. But, hey, people can always dip in and out without missing much, so maybe it works, especially in this era.

3 hours ago, Taoboi said:

One good slap and I'm back watchin B&B. lol.

That said...taking in tomorrow's episode and I see someone is cruising for Slap Number 2...

I'm so glad I peruse this thread to see if there's anything worth dipping into B&B for...this slap was so, so worth watching. The January 16 episode was the best B&B episode that's been done in a very long time. 

That is the upside of B&B - you can miss an awful lot of the show, and really miss nothing at all, and then jump right back in. Rena Sofer was great in that scene and the writing was on point. 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:39 PM, YRfan23 said:

Eric is a %6&*&* Idiot!!!

Bless whoever made that compilation. Susan Flannery landed so many hardcore slaps through the years - still amazing that most of them were real.