Taoboi

B&B January 2020 Discussion Thread

They always have a little something that looks compelling for a bit, but it’s never sustainable. It’s always back to repetitive Liam/Hope stuff. But, hey, people can always dip in and out without missing much, so maybe it works, especially in this era.

9 hours ago, SteelCity said:

"BITCH! YOU SHOULDA LEARNED FROM ME!" Might be favorite soap quote ever!

LOL!  I loved this moment.  But just to be clear, NO ONE gave a slap like Stephanie/Susan Flannery.

Edited by crc

Imagine how much better that scene would have been if KKL could move her forehead. Still, she's still way beyond anything Denise Richards can ever be. 

Rena Sofer is fantastic here, and had the only appropriate reaction to Brooke's stomach-churning worship of Stephanie. 

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

They always have a little something that looks compelling for a bit, but it’s never sustainable. 

Yeah pretty much this

3 hours ago, Faulkner said:

They always have a little something that looks compelling for a bit, but it’s never sustainable. It’s always back to repetitive Liam/Hope stuff. But, hey, people can always dip in and out without missing much, so maybe it works, especially in this era.

That’s sums up my B&B viewing for past 10 years. Jumped back during Thomas vat. Dropped at Xmas. Will check our this week and probably skip next few.

B&B is so easily to just kinda float in and out. The stories are basic and not convoluted with conspiracies and fake identities. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. Plus, the production values are top notch and with few exceptions, the cast is solid. Keeping the 18-minute format, despite some pressure from CBS years ago to expand has paid off. 

4 hours ago, SteelCity said:

CBS wanted to expand?

That was word during 1990s/early 2000s with ATWT or GL reverting to 30 minutes. Bell talked about not changing the format in a couple of interviews. Based on his comments, it was probably a non-starter. It’s a good thing because the one-hour shows are pretty bloated.

Despite B&B’s inability to do effective B&C stories consistently, they are able to shift focus in record time when stuff doesn’t work (see Brooke’s alcoholism, Maya’s 2nd baby/custody battle for Lizzie, etc). If only DAYS had that benefit! 

Boy B&B feels like a completely different show the past 2-3 days when taking a break from the nonstop Liam/Hope/Thomas mess. 

12 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

I like Brooke, but yeah, she needed to get hit. 

Probably some of the best scenes on B&B since the slap heard around Monte Carlo in 2016.

I hate that I'm on Brooke's side but... she's right? KKL always gives her everything in her scenes and I love that.

How much better B&B would be if airtime was decently balanced. This week has really showed that.

5 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

That was word during 1990s/early 2000s with ATWT or GL reverting to 30 minutes. Bell talked about not changing the format in a couple of interviews. Based on his comments, it was probably a non-starter. It’s a good thing because the one-hour shows are pretty bloated.

Despite B&B’s inability to do effective B&C stories consistently, they are able to shift focus in record time when stuff doesn’t work (see Brooke’s alcoholism, Maya’s 2nd baby/custody battle for Lizzie, etc). If only DAYS had that benefit! 

I remember a ton of talk in late 1996, when ATWT and GL were at low points in every way. This was also when the new Hispanic family was introduced, which led some to think the show was bulking up.

All these years later it still amazes me that Susan Flannery was slapping people around for real.