Sign in to follow this  
Toups

LATEST RATINGS: November 18-22, 2019

Strange B&B didn't get counted for Tuesday (19th) considering it aired two different episodes in parts of the country. Meanwhile, Y&R's abbreviated episode did count that day. The ratings for past two weeks are more interesting than relevant. I'm pretty sure December and January will see many more partial and full pre-emptions.  

I'd be interested in comparing holiday/special programming pre-emptions and how they affected (or not) the ratings during the 1980s.  Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I'd always believed that soap's ratings were boosted during the holidays.

How have the holidays now become a liability?

3 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I'd be interested in comparing holiday/special programming pre-emptions and how they affected (or not) the ratings during the 1980s.  Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I'd always believed that soap's ratings were boosted during the holidays.

There's an 80s ratings thread in the canceled soap section if the board. And the ratings for the Jan 88 holiday ratings were posted just yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

There's an 80s ratings thread in the canceled soap section if the board. And the ratings for the Jan 88 holiday ratings were posted just yesterday.

One day I'll get the courage to venture in that thread again. 

On 12/2/2019 at 1:15 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

I remember healthy holiday bumps all the way up through the early 2000's, with the last era around 2004 when AMC's Bianca awakened and finally got her baby back during the week between Christmas and New Years. 

The holiday bumps were always a good indicator of how many people out there still had a general interest in these shows, even if they didn't make the effort to watch year-round. 

Sign in to follow this