Days: December 2019 Discussion Thread 🎄

• Members

At this point I wouldn't mind Will and Ben popping off each other's cherry.

I didn't expect much from Ron and the time jump. I don't know why it was done since the stories are still boring and stale.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don’t think a Paul Telfer is a bore. The writing for him has been bad. He was more than interesting when he was written as a wild man who had a mean streak and used everybody. I actually like him with Sarah, but taking away his edge was a bad move.

Tragic? Nicole’s hair. That brushed back look is HORRENDOUS.

• Members

I'm with AlexElizabeth. Xander/Sarah are basically the only saving grace on this show right now. And I sadly have to include Jack/Jennifer in the "not good now" category since they are being held hostage soon in Gina hell. No.

Xander may have been a homicidal sleazy kook, but I still find him more likable and less sanctimonious than Eric, who basically killed a man but saves all his hate for Xander while having a babynapper for his true love, and the kid she took being his own damned niece.

• Members

Yeah, same, and I actually like Eric. But I'm really liking Xander lately and I love him with Sarah and as Mickey's dad. I don't think that Xander is totally reformed or redeemed or anything like that, but I do like this softer side to him.

It's December and Gabi's wearing a crop top.

Edited by AlexElizabeth

• Members

The best solution to enjoy DAYS - binge multiple episodes. I watched Monday's separately - and then binged Tu-Fri this morning. Standing alone most episodes are quite lackluster, but when you watch back-to-back, it certainly feels like things are moving along. My summary for the week:

1. CM has never looked better - and he has stoned JJ down pat. His character actually feels real now. And seeing Haley again reminded me why the character has not been missed at all.

2. Lani/Kristen - the two actors work well together. I would've never guessed. And, gosh, it's been refreshing to have SH given material where she can play restrained. 

3. The Gina/Stevano scenes are completely flat to me. Is Stevano just going to stay in the concrete storage space? I'm getting zero passion or drive. And the QotN goal is not inspiring at all.

4. The Abby/Gina scenes were terrible because both actors were struggling with such an obvious badly structured set-up. If Abby came to "Hope" with her theories, Hope would've been jumping at the chance to help her. The only good thing was Gina ripping Rafe. 

5. Chad/Gabi had some energy and urgency. But, again, so flaw. Does Gabi really think that getting control of DiMera and ousting the board would exonerate her if the Abby story comes to light? Guess she really does care more about power and DiMera than Ari.... 

6. Do NOT put Ciara & Sarah together - their names are too similar.  

• Members

Or...if you watch it long enough, in terms of hours, the mediocrity wears you down eventually. 

Please register in order to view this content

You shouldn't have to turn a character into a psycho (or a drug addict) just to make the actor more watchable; because, that's just a creative dead-end.  And if that's the only route to take with him (or her), then maybe it's time to admit you need to write him out/recast/kill him off and move on.  IJS.

And for me, it's a race to the bottom between "Hope"/"Steve" and Chad/Eli/Abby/Gabi etc. for the distinction of DAYS' Most Current WTF? Plot.  Whether taken separately or together, they make the Sarah/Kristen baby switch look as brilliant as the Bill/Mickey/Laura triangle.

Edited by Khan

Haley is just as bland and boring as a ghost. Or figment of JJ's high mind. 

Please register in order to view this content

We never see any other nuns at that convent. 

Gabi's new office set doesn't look to bad, Considering the dollar store budget they have.  

It's only been a year but the Eric/Sarah nonsense feels BORING and PLAYED OUT. 

• Members

I'm shocked actually - even the lightning seems decent but maybe watching it on the show will change my mind for the worse?

Surprise that bland Haley's bland as a ghost. Will God try to deport her there too due to being so bland?

• Members

@Khan I've accepted DAYS' lower standard and kinda just go with it. I'm glad it's still around, but the Steveno plot is not even laughably bad. I'm certain I'll be FF through that next week.

Re: CM - I think your conclusion is the most likely outcome. JJ has been an enigma for the writers after the initial stuff with Theresa. 

@te. Perhaps she was was deported to a much hotter place for all the H--L we were put through watching her.