Days: December 2019 Discussion Thread 🎄

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So wait this serum literally has the ability to give Hope all of Princess Gina's memories, when Gina has been dead for 20 years? What the hell did Gina think when she first woke up as Hope, that she had been sleeping? Thank you so much for all the responses. I took a long break from actually watching the show recently so this is all confusing to me.

• Members

You're welcome. 

Sadly, I wasn't born yet, so the sci-fi/OTT stuff is where my memories begin lol 

I'm grateful everyday that we have sites like YouTube where we can watch vintage soap clips, especially vintage Bo and Hope.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Wasn't the real Princess Gina also supposed to be 20 years older than Hope? I remember seeing Kristian Alfonso in old-age make-up playing Gina at least once, many years ago.  At one point, I believe it was said Hope only resembled Gina.  They weren't originally identical.  I think much of that has been changed by later head-writers. Does anyone else remember any of this?  

• Members

ICAM.

Now, see, I thought the explanation was that the real Princess Gina was (roughly) the same age as Hope, but had aged prematurely due to mental illness and being locked up for so long by Stefano.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Gina was in fact meant to be much older than Hope. After all, Gina had a grown up daughter Greta, and Greta was supposedly already grown when Hope dissappeared thanks to Ernesto, as the writers retconned it so that Ernesto switched Greta and Hope at the last minute and Greta was in the cage when it exploded on Ernesto's island.

• Members

And then there's my pet theory, which is that the Hope you're seeing now is not the real Hope, who is still alive, and being held captive with the real Roman (Wayne Northrop's Roman, not Drake Hogestyn's, or even Josh Taylor's), the real Marlena (who hasn't been in Salem since '87) and the real Bo (who disappeared while sailing around the world with his wife).

• Members

How far soap opera technology has come! - in 1999, Rolf and Stefano actually had to wait for a satellite in orbit to get into the right position to activate the chip lol! And the whole plan was almost ruined by a blizzard.

• Members

I think most people are in agreement that the Lani/Kristen friendship is one of the things that actually work with the time jump - Kristen badly needed to come back to planet Earth to be viable as a long term character and Lani desperately needed some edge and stop being a doormat. It's like Ron - shock horror - actually took notice of what didn't work for each character and decided to fix it by pairing them up. I'll have to give him credit for that one since I wouldn't have thought of it, but at the same time I have to wonder if he was just pulling character names out of a hat and accidentally paired them together as opposed to a conscious decision about what the characters needed (especially with Will and Ben in jail).

Edited by te.