Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
xtr

Y&R: December Spoilers

Recommended Posts

No!  She does that, and next thing you know, we'll have to spend the next few weeks watching Josh Morrow think about life no with more keg parties as he tries to act hurt and angry over Chelsea's death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Ooh, just what everybody wants...a "dismal Christmas"! SMH.

Dismal Christmas?  More like a dismal Y&R arriving on Christmas like a big lump of coal!!! Seriously it's been same [!@#$%^&*] since MAB. 

19 minutes ago, Khan said:

No!  She does that, and next thing you know, we'll have to spend the next few weeks watching Josh Morrow think about life no with more keg parties as he tries to act hurt and angry over Chelsea's death.

That and when Sage died we had Nick give his best Chewbacca impression that I don't ever want to see again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, detroitpiston said:

I'm hoping the 3 months is just to transition over to whoever the next head writer is (I'm pulling for Patrick Mulcahey )

Im thinking they found a writer and they just cant take over until March.

Lmao maybe its ron whos contract is done in feb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, detroitpiston said:

I'm hoping the 3 months is just to transition over to whoever the next head writer is (I'm pulling for Patrick Mulcahey )

 

I've been assuming it's Patrick Mulcahey. 

Seems like Mal Young was terminated in December of last year, so I figured Josh Griffith would get his walking papers this December. 

If there's a three-month extension on Griffith's contract, perhaps it's so that Mulcahey will have an opportunity to better research the show and its characters before diving in.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Mulcahey's sake, if true, I hope he negotiated a hell of a contract and manages to get creative control. Otherwise, this will not work. He's stated numerous times how corporate interference drove him away from shows like SB, GL, and GH. It will be no different at the current state of Y&R.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

For Mulcahey's sake, if true, I hope he negotiated a hell of a contract and manages to get creative control. Otherwise, this will not work. He's stated numerous times how corporate interference drove him away from shows like SB, GL, and GH. It will be no different at the current state of Y&R.

 

Agree.

 

Don't get me wrong.  I'd KILL for Patrick Mulcahey to head-write for ANY show.  However, I just can't see TPTB granting him creative autonomy.  And even if they were to grant him autonomy, I've a feeling it wouldn't be too long before they'd go back on their word and begin to interfere with his stories.

 

OTOH, I wouldn't put it past TPTB to offer a sweetheart deal to Bob Guza.  ;)

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Khan said:

 

 

I wouldn't put it past TPTB to offer a sweetheart deal to Bob Guza.  ;)

 

It's no telling what horrible writer they've actually got their eyes on.   Whoever it is, I'm sure he or she is wretched.  

But it does seem mighty coincidental that an actual GOOD writer suddenly and inexplicably leaves a Bell soap, and publicly announces that he's not retiring, just when another Bell soap is in dire need of a good writer and the current headwriter's contract is about to expire.  

But I ain't getting my hopes up.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Mulcahey to go from script writer on a 30 min show to headwriting an hour seems a huge leap at this point in his career so either it's not happening or he is being paid a shed load  of money.

Maybe he plans to give it a year and walk away with a healthier bank balance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broderick said:

 

It's no telling what horrible writer they've actually got their eyes on.   Whoever it is, I'm sure he or she is wretched.  

But it does seem mighty coincidental that an actual GOOD writer suddenly and inexplicably leaves a Bell soap, and publicly announces that he's not retiring, just when another Bell soap is in dire need of a good writer and the current headwriter's contract is about to expire.  

But I ain't getting my hopes up.     

I just wonder what they got planned. They could have dumped Griffith in jan but they are giving him 3 more months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Broderick said:

But I ain't getting my hopes up.     

 

Neither am I, lol.

 

2 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

For Mulcahey to go from script writer on a 30 min show to headwriting an hour seems a huge leap at this point in his career so either it's not happening or he is being paid a shed load  of money.

 

Mulcahey didn't JUST write scripts, though.  He was also a story consultant, which (I assume) means he lent SOME support to Bradley Bell in mapping out long-term story.

 

But, like @Broderick said, I ain't getting my hopes up.  For all we know, Josh Griffith's replacement (should he get one) could be Dena Higley.  #shudder

 

2 hours ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

I just wonder what they got planned. They could have dumped Griffith in jan but they are giving him 3 more months.

 

Either the extension is to help the show transition to the next HW, or Josh has pitched a BIG story (in order to save his job, and his neck) and they're giving him one last chance to turn things around.

 

So, get ready, Y&R fans, 'cuz you're gonna love the BIG Chelsea/Phyllis/Sharon baby switch!  ;) 

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aback said:

For what it's worth, Mulcahey denied the rumor on Twitter.

 

Phew, lol.  Now, I can go back to hoping he'll land a gig on a cable or streaming series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how invested you guys still are in rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

 

Headwriters and EPs don't matter on these shows anymore really. They're just warm bodies making sure that CBS has an hour of programming to fill 5 days a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Darn said:

I love how invested you guys still are in rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

 

Headwriters and EPs don't matter on these shows anymore really. They're just warm bodies making sure that CBS has an hour of programming to fill 5 days a week.

Yeah, unfortunately. A new voice probably wouldn’t be empowered to make changes that would significantly improve the quality of the show. (We’ve been burned too many times to not realize that by now.) 

 

Still, Josh had carte blanche to bring back a gazillion of his pets. So at least someone new might provide a different perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...