Soapsuds

Days of our Lives- Entire cast fired!?

3 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

They'll probably do the crap GL did in its later days - have a decent amount of actors on recurring and only a select few on contract. 

That business model always made the most sense to me anyway. 

LOL honestly I don't believe NBC wants the show gone. If this saves money so be it. I feel for the actors but they can pursue other things in the mean time. I think most if not all will be available when time comes to start taping again.

28 minutes ago, Khan said:

IMO, what's most important is restoring Ted and Betty Corday's vision for this show and making it relevant for today's audiences.  If that means literally wiping the slate of everything and everyone and starting over -- in Salem, but with stories rooted in the real and the possible, with new characters who have little or no connections to everything that has come before -- then so be it.

The original vision for the show was part family soap, part hospital soap, basically ATWT or GL meets GH. I’d love to see a return to that type of realism, but the million dollar question is, would other fans like that too?

IMO, what the show really needs to do while it’s on hiatus is create a lot of fan polls, social media polls, etc. to see what fans really want.

14 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

LOL honestly I don't believe NBC wants the show gone. If this saves money so be it. I feel for the actors but they can pursue other things in the mean time. I think most if not all will be available when time comes to start taping again.

I'm sure Corday, Kyle Lowder, and Crystal Chappell can scrounge up a couple web soaps to keep them busy for a few months.  I think we're safe with pretty much everyone over 35. 

Strangely, this is GREAT PUBLICITY for DAYS and Time Jump. I've seen the story has already been picked up on CNBC and NY Post. It's the type of story that could get picked up by non-entertainment sites. The last time that happened to DAYS was when Marlena was revealed as the killer. 

3 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

Strangely, this is GREAT PUBLICITY for DAYS and Time Jump. I've seen the story has already been picked up on CNBC and NY Post. It's the type of story that could get picked up by non-entertainment sites. The last time that happened to DAYS was when Marlena was revealed as the killer. 

LOL I agree, and this tweet almost says the same as you

Just now, edgeofnik said:

On the surface you might be right. In reality, however, when a show is confirmed canceled (to the masses who don't know the soap world, this looks like it's canceled) this news means they'll tune in for its "final episode" or maybe see what they missed. Most won't bother watching a dead show walking if they think this is what that is. "One Life to Live" was the outlier since it was increasing in viewers just before it was canned officially.

1 hour ago, BetterForgotten said:

This isn't 1995 anymore, no one is tuning into a damn daytime soap no matter how many headlines. 

Then there's that.  Y&R is dropping like a rock.  DAYS will never get an audience like it had back again.  No one will.  It's a ticking clock as to when they all go.