Jump to content


victoria foxton

Days: Time Jump Previews

Recommended Posts

On 1/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, DynamiteKiddo said:

They must have new directors.  Some of the shots have been much tighter, like esp. in hallways... which makes it much realistic that these people are actually in hallways lolol.

 

Catching up, and finally watched New Years and I noticed the change on this episode with the scenes at Julie's Luncheonette Restaurant for New Years and again with Eli & Gabi showing up at Kristen/Lani's door. I agree it looks better aesthetically and takes away from the overall cheap, cardboard wobbly look of the sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

I agree they're schizo on who they feature but Ron did similarly on OLTL and GH. You'd go a week or two without seeing folks.

 

I also agree on editing the episodes differently. All of it ultimately feels rushed, even if it was decently produced, considering what the show often looks like.

 

They also continue cutting the wrong scenes. Jack with Adrienne was cut. Ron posted about it. Real shame someone keeps [!@#$%^&*] with the show. Yet we could get a 3 and 1/2 minute scene on Sarah worrying about Adrienne, who we never saw her interact with before, IIRC.

 

I'm guessing Summer is the real culprit (NOT A SPOILER TOUPS, IT'S MY GUESS). It frees everyone of blame and Ron didn't bring her back for a hot minute for nothing. It's how he operates. All of these things happened for literally no reason because it's probably Summer's fault.

 

I'm also going to throw out a guess that Evan killed Jordan. They're tying Ciara/Ben/Will/Sonny/Evan together for a reason ...

Random but you know what I kinda miss? Friendships. It's really refreshing when we get scenes between Will/Abby, Ciara/Will, etc. I get with the budget/guarantees/etc. that folks mostly stick to who they're in story with, with brief overlap, but I miss when the canvas truly interacted.

 

I randomly thought of when they had Paul/Lani becoming friendly and then he suddenly was confiding in Chloe.

 

We need more friendships. But soaps don't really take the time anymore. Not saying they don't exist or folks still aren't friends, but there's a lot of little things missing from DAYS that adds up, IMHO. And so it infuriates me when I hear that there's a few folks behind the scenes at DAYS that seem to have issues with certain families. I've heard Alarr is a Suzanne/Maggie stan. And someone thinks John/Marlena have 'too many kids'.

 

It's not a competition.

Cutting the Jack/Adrienne scene was a big mistake.  There's a deemphasis on the Johnson family that's particularly damaging to Jack and Steve... instead of having them as a family with their own special place on the canvas, their roles become very tethered to Jenn and Kayla, respectively.  (Which has been very problematic for the actors, esp. Matt Ashford.)

And Kayla is missing a point of view here, as she was just as close to Adrienne as she is, say, Hope.

 

Which segues into your point about friendships and broader interactions.  They're sorely missing or only shown for the plot (Marlena with Kayla and Kate right now).  But connecting Will and Ciara through Ben is about the only cool thing to come out of this "situation."  And even JJ/Lani/Eli/Gabi are in story together again and they are not tapping into their very rich (and recent!) history; that whole age group has such unrealized potential as a "crew."  And Jack & Jenn should be ALL over this Stevano & Gina nonsense.  (Until Missy left in '06, Hope & Jenn felt like the most important relationship on the show to me.)

 

Backstage bias sucks, but as "Days" fans, we don't have it nearly as bad as GH or B&B, lol.  I remember during TomSell, there was definitely real J&M hate and it didn't feel like just the writing.  I would love to see J&M together with Carrie, Eric, Sami, Brady, and Belle (and all the grandkids lol).  We've gotten so close a handful of times!  It's been since 1999!  Lol.

3 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

 

Catching up, and finally watched New Years and I noticed the change on this episode with the scenes at Julie's Luncheonette Restaurant for New Years and again with Eli & Gabi showing up at Kristen/Lani's door. I agree it looks better aesthetically and takes away from the overall cheap, cardboard wobbly look of the sets. 

They shouldn't always be filming several feet away from the actors in spaces that are supposed to be small.  This is so much better, and adds variation and layering.  And I hate that they always film in the middle of a room, esp. places with lots of nooks like Brady Pub and K mansion.  I get that they can plow through hella scenes that way, but it looks like cheap theater, and not in a self aware way lol.  I remember when EJ died in 2014 (when production was MUCH worse than now), they made it a special episode by filming in places on the sets they never do.  For this cheap ass show, it was amazing.  And it was great to see the action and camera move from multiple characters/areas last week in the hospital (with JJ/Will and Victor/Xander).  That used to be normal.

 

And I agree that Julie's Place looks like it's one of those places that closes after lunch lol.  They did a nice job redressing it for the app series, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 2:57 AM, edgeofnik said:

1. Yes to Judi Evans returning more frequently. 

2. No to Adrienne. They did an excellent tribute to the character last week. DAYS needs to make death matter again. 

 

Last week was a reminder why JE is such a pleasure to watch. Better to be rid of Hattie (DH is so lazy), give that ‘role’ to Bonnie. They could use almost same scripts. Haha. 

This!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KMan101 said:

They also continue cutting the wrong scenes. Jack with Adrienne was cut. Ron posted about it. Real shame someone keeps [!@#$%^&*] with the show. Yet we could get a 3 and 1/2 minute scene on Sarah worrying about Adrienne, who we never saw her interact with before, IIRC.

I know alot of fans love to whine about Sarah getting much focus but in this case it wasn't uncalled for since she was in the car with Adrienne.

 

What annoys me with all the cutting of scenes is how they waste minutes of every episode replaying scenes from the previous day. Replaying the last cliffhanger scene is one thing. But sometimes the whole opening act before the hourglass is just a repeat of the episode before.

6 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I'm guessing Summer is the real culprit (NOT A SPOILER TOUPS, IT'S MY GUESS). It frees everyone of blame and Ron didn't bring her back for a hot minute for nothing. It's how he operates. All of these things happened for literally no reason because it's probably Summer's fault.

Guess or not, this is the spoiler section of the board. Why would it be a problem to post it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sindacco said:

I know alot of fans love to whine about Sarah getting much focus but in this case it wasn't uncalled for since she was in the car with Adrienne.

I will say that I never put Sarah's "terrible night" and Adrienne's "accident" together.  I was pleasantly shocked when the promo aired.  Even though the logistics still baffle me, I love a good multi-character car crash.  I just wish it had been staged differently.  Hopefully we'll get another, complete sequence if there's another twist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sindacco said:

I know alot of fans love to whine about Sarah getting much focus but in this case it wasn't uncalled for since she was in the car with Adrienne.

 

What annoys me with all the cutting of scenes is how they waste minutes of every episode replaying scenes from the previous day. Replaying the last cliffhanger scene is one thing. But sometimes the whole opening act before the hourglass is just a repeat of the episode before.

Guess or not, this is the spoiler section of the board. Why would it be a problem to post it?

 

Because I like to cover my ass and it felt like the DAYS weekly discussion thread so ... ;) LOL

 

I agree about the flashbacks. 

 

I mean, we all have our gripes. You have things that bother you, others have things that bother them 🤷‍♂️ I do think they tend to cut the wrong scenes and we get long scenes of other people. It's not like I'm making it up, lol. And we know some folks on the show have an agenda. I love Linsey Godfrey, actually, but I do think Sarah has been forced and on way too much. JMO. They do it everytime and sabotage any new hire they get from another soap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

Tomorrows spoiler pic. 

EPei7oSXUAM0vfc.jpg

Yawn....the whole Stefano is Steve is gutter trash. SN can't even pull it off with his awful acting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

Because I like to cover my ass and it felt like the DAYS weekly discussion thread so ... ;) LOL

You know I thought about that. The time jump happened in November. Why is this thread still active?

 

Every new week or month should have it's own spoiler thread instead of this one getting longer and longer, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KMan101 Do we have any concept of how long TJ is supposed to last? Unless they have some hidden aka random s/l planned, don’t we basically know everything important that happened during the ‘year’? 

 

If DAYS is so budget constrained, how are they still overfilming? I thought that stopped years ago. Why don’t they add those scenes to the online version of the show? I get the OTA version has no flexibility, but giving viewers even more incentive to seek out the digital version seems smart (and good business). Unlike Nielsen, NBC knows exactly how many viewers, which stuff is FF, etc. The more people stream, the longer DAYS will last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sindacco said:

You know I thought about that. The time jump happened in November. Why is this thread still active?

 

Every new week or month should have it's own spoiler thread instead of this one getting longer and longer, IMO.

Instead of making shady snide comments. You should have told me. In a nice way. Since the time jump . I thought it would be better to lump all the previews. Anyway i made a new thread. 26 pages since Nov. That's SO MUCH. Plus most importantly it didn't bother the admins. I had a really bad day. That was snotty as hell. People should treat others the way they want to be treated. My anxiety disorder is really bad. None of you people care. Feel alone on here just like i do in the real world.

 

IdenticalSilkyEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

Edited by victoria foxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

Because I like to cover my ass and it felt like the DAYS weekly discussion thread so ... ;) LOL

 

 

The weekly previews are back. It's not nice to laugh at others. You have no idea what my mental or emotional state is like to do that. 

Edited by victoria foxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, edgeofnik said:

@KMan101 Do we have any concept of how long TJ is supposed to last? Unless they have some hidden aka random s/l planned, don’t we basically know everything important that happened during the ‘year’? 

 

If DAYS is so budget constrained, how are they still overfilming? I thought that stopped years ago. Why don’t they add those scenes to the online version of the show? I get the OTA version has no flexibility, but giving viewers even more incentive to seek out the digital version seems smart (and good business). Unlike Nielsen, NBC knows exactly how many viewers, which stuff is FF, etc. The more people stream, the longer DAYS will last. 

What do you mean with how long it's supposed to last? They're not gonna jump back to Nov 8, 2019 when the missing pieces have been filled in. They jumped a year ahead, that's it. Business as usual, the show goes on.

 

I don't think they are "overfiliming" as in working late hours like in the past. But they tape important scenes that end up being cut, yet have time for long, unnecessary flashbacks.

 

 

6 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

Instead of making shady snide comments. You should have told me. In a nice way. Since the time jump . I thought it would be better to lump all the previews. Anyway i made a new thread. 26 pages since Nov. That's SO MUCH. Plus most importantly it didn't bother the admins. I had a really bad day. That was snotty as hell. People should treat others the way they want to be treated. My anxiety disorder is really bad. None of you people care. Feel alone on here just like i do in the real world.

 

IdenticalSilkyEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

 

I have no idea what you're talking about. My comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone else in particular. It was a general comment. We're all still posting in this thread.

 

Drama queen much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that with the budget cuts they would be working late. I think maybe the fact that there are taping scenes on different days due to actor and set availability and then having to edit it into one episode means that it's sometimes hard to track everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...