victoria foxton

Days: November 2019 Discussion Threadūü¶É

One of the benefits of the TJ has been, IMO, far better looks for certain actresses, particularly SH and KDP - they both look far less harsh - weird how a convent and prison will do that for them. And even though Gina is utterly ridiculous, KA hasn't looked this fine in a long time.

I'm not as thrilled with the storylines presented in TJ, but I really am enjoying seeing new scene partners for so many characters: Hattie/Eve; Kristen/Lani; Sonny and Will with anyone else. I"m not sold on Justin/Kayla, but neither character has had much of a real story in a long time, so could be worse.  Even returning pairs like Eli/Gabi and Brady/Nicole are welcome. I hope they continue to mix it up because most of what was happening pre-TJ wasn't that good.

1 hour ago, DynamiteKiddo said:

Ron Carlivati had Felix on GH.  And I think he did Brad before TomSell did Paul?

Wait, Felix was gay?  Because, I recall it being a big issue here that he wasn't supposed to be even though he clearly was.

12 minutes ago, Khan said:

Wait, Felix was gay?  Because, I recall it being a big issue here that he wasn't supposed to be even though he clearly was.

He was definitely gay. There was a plot point some years back where Felix, Lucas, and Brad considered a threesome.

14 minutes ago, Khan said:

He was in a triangle with Lucas and Brad.

23 minutes ago, Khan said:

Felix was always out and proud.  Brad, Felix and Lucas briefly considered a 3 way. But they decided to watch a Knots Landing marathon instead. 

Wasn't there some retcon story when Felix's sister briefly came in that tried to suggest he was closeted?

Man, I have totally forgotten all about Felix, lol.

2 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

But they decided to watch a Knots Landing marathon instead. 

LOL!  Oh, that Ron Carlivati, lol!

Wish I wasn't spoiled for Patchano because I actually don't mind this (right now).  It's the most interesting thing about the time jump. 

18 minutes ago, Toups said:

Wish I wasn't spoiled for Patchano because I actually don't mind this (right now).  It's the most interesting thing about the time jump. 

If "Steveno"/"Patchano" is the most interesting thing about the TJ, then the TJ truly, truly sucks.

Yeah, the TJ hasn't been very good. There's nothing exciting.  The "Mickey" revelation should've been at Eric and Nicole's wedding.  Instead it just happened in a normal episode.  I thought it was a fake out at first. 

I think part of the purpose of the time jump was not to drag stories out and get to the repercussions quicker. Soaps often get bogged down with useless filler in order to make story lines stretch out over time and that gets boring. The meat of the stories at this point is in the flashbacks in between the time jump and that's an interesting angle.

3 hours ago, ReddFoxx said:

I think part of the purpose of the time jump was not to drag stories out and get to the repercussions quicker. Soaps often get bogged down with useless filler in order to make story lines stretch out over time and that gets boring. The meat of the stories at this point is in the flashbacks in between the time jump and that's an interesting angle.

If that's the purpose of this TJ, then why jump an entire year?  He could've jumped only several months and accomplished the same effect.

An entire year was probably chosen for the dramatic effect. But then again I'm just speculating. It could be that it was just a gimmick to grab attention without much thought about overall direction.

Edited by ReddFoxx